The Payload Systems Architect delivers full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to meet the missions of its customers. This role works collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to develop satellite payload concepts, provide SME guidance on Electro-Optical/Infrared (EO/IR) Payloads, and drives consistency with technology roadmaps and architectures. Responsible for the architectural design, development oversight, and deployment of Electro-Optical Payloads. Responsible for definition of system solutions based on customer current and future needs. Ability to develop mission system architectures across multiple platforms, mission domains and applications. Accountable for end-to-end systems engineering and integration, engineering documentation, customer engagement, and enterprise coordination.
Works to achieve annual business revenue objectives and manages large, complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization. Maintain industry trends and new technologies applicable to Harris products and mission solutions. Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. Interfaces with all Segments of the company to develop holistic product design and capabilities to meet customers’ needs. Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of Payload components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
• Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify affordable and innovative Electro-optical payload systems.
• Understands the complete mission that customers want to achieve.
• Evaluates business, customer, and operational needs to help define and coordinate system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
• Recommends strategies and execution methods that directly impact the achievement of business revenue objectives.
• Leads and coordinates various analysis to optimize payload system architecture.
• Executes technical responsibilities within project cost and schedule constraints.
• Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
• Assess and provide direction for make/buy decisions and selection of strategic suppliers.
• Determines whether requirements can be met with existing capabilities/designs or if new design requirements must be developed.
• Lead teams to evaluate system performance, develop innovative designs aligned with the technical roadmap, and identify technology maturation plans to meet emerging customer mission needs.
• Provides technical coordination between external customer’s engineers, industry engineers and internal engineering groups to articulate technical issues.
• Prepares and presents technical information internally and externally that addresses specific subjects of interest.
• Advocates the customer’s critical needs to internal stakeholders.
• Work across a variety of mission domains.
• Provide technical direction for the development, integration, and testing of complex hardware/software systems.
• Lead and perform trade studies required to make both tactical and strategic technical decisions for programs.
• Lead or participate in technical interchange meetings (TIMs) to manage project execution and resolve enterprise issues.
• Provide mentoring, guidance and leadership to novice engineers.
• Establishes objectives and knowledge sharing for the group to develop and cross-train our engineers.
• 12+ years with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical, or related hardware engineering field, or equivalent.
• Demonstrated history of personally closing multiple satellite projects with contract values exceeding $100M.
• Previous experience as a Chief Systems Engineer, Program Manager, Business Development Manager (or equivalent), and other related fields (Subcontracts Manager, Marketing, Satellite Operations, etc.) that understands developing products from initial customer concept through validation and delivery.
• Previous experience developing payload architectures and spacecraft bus interfaces.
• Active/current Top Secret/SCI security clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Capable of deriving technical baselines with limited information on an aggressive proposal schedule.
• Ability to motivate and lead interdisciplinary teams in a manufacturing environment.
• Passionate about mentoring and knowledge transfer with a successful background in uplifting team members at all levels, both on an individual and team basis.
• Ability to communicate and interact with internal executive leaders to achieve annual business objectives and drive technology roadmaps.
• Ability to communicate and interact with customers, including executives, functional, programmatic, and technical representatives.
• Experience with cost and schedule management, EVMS, or PMP certification.
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification is a plus
• Ability to partner with stakeholders and team leaders to identify mission gaps and develop system solutions which provide customer value.
• Experience applying technologies and capabilities in ways not previously anticipated to solve our customers’ ultimate objectives.
• Experience with creating and maintaining a Target Architecture, capability mapping, and technology roadmaps.
• Experience creating and implementing system architectures and complex mission solutions.
• Experience architecting, analyzing, developing, and integrating end to end systems in areas such as EO/IR, RF and space payload and Bus subsystems.
• Experience in operating as a prime provider for both exquisite space and small-sat opportunities.
• Communications skills, interpersonal skills and customer focus.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!