Seeking high potential talent to serve as a Missile Defense Chief Systems Engineer. Role will have an immediate impact for fielding responsive space systems with overall technical leadership for the design, integration, test, delivery, and on-orbit support for advanced space-based missile defense capabilities.
Candidate should be self-starter, demonstrate strong communication skills, and have extensive experience in space-based infrared sensor development, as well as a thorough understanding of the missile defense mission.
Recognized as an external and internal expert and thought leader with deep and substantive technical expertise as well as advanced business knowledge and leadership capabilities. Communicates with contacts inside and outside of the organization on matters of strategic importance to influence executive leadership on new concepts, practices, and approaches. Establishes overall direction for new processes, systems, and solutions. Recommends and implements strategies and develops operational plans/goals with direct impact to the achievement against functional strategies.
- Performs technical planning, concept development, requirements derivation, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, system definition, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or physics with a minimum of 15 years of prior related experience or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with space-based infrared sensor performance, optics and/or modeling & simulation using remote sensing techniques.
- Broad working knowledge of current and planned Missile Warning / Missile Defense architectures.
- Active Secret security clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Eligibility to obtain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance.
- Deep understanding of infrared phenomenology and background noise/clutter.
- Experience in space vehicle design, integration, test, and on-orbit checkout.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to brief customers.
- Can develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over them.
- Leadership capability to guide business or functional teams without formal management role.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!