Recognized as an external and internal expert and thought leader with deep and substantive technical expertise as well as advanced business knowledge and leadership capabilities. Communicates with contacts inside and outside of the organization on matters of strategic importance to influence executive leadership on new concepts, practices, and approaches. Establishes overall direction for systems, solutions, and new processes. Recommends and implements strategies and develops operational plans/goals with direct impact to the achievement against functional strategies.
Responsible for establishing the direction for new systems, solutions, products, and processes, using significant conceptualization, reason, and interpretation. Solutions are innovative and often define best practice for the future. Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are regularly complex, requiring broad-based consideration of variables that impact multiple areas of the organization. Extensively analyzes implications of both near and long-term implications of solutions.
Owns and develops tactical and operational plans and goals for a business area or function. Recommends and operationalizes strategies that have a direct impact on mid- to long-term function or business area achievements. Requires a high degree of responsibility for resources, and ability to influence business decisions made by leadership. Recommends and implements new products, processes, policies, standards or operating plans in support of job function strategy.
- Accountability to customer and L3Harris Spectral Sensor product line for overall program performance commitments to include:
- Customer Satisfaction: Continually delighting our customers with our values, responsiveness, and overall mission performance
- Financial: Orders, sales, operating income, investment, cash flow, and execution of program budget
- Schedule: Timely, responsive, and successful completion of all program activities (informal) and deliverables (formal)
- Quality: Program deliverables meet or exceed customer expectations
- Ability to work between and bridge program and supplier performance with business financial performance
- Ensure clear understanding and communication of program status, changes, and performance to the Customer and leadership
- Responsible for managing the cost, schedule, and technical performance requirements of a program through all lifecycle phases
- Responsible for program change management, controlling program performance measurement baseline of cost, schedule, and performance
- Responsible for high-level relationship management
- Directs the preparation of program proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budget, and financial terms/conditions of contract
- Ensures that all resources such as engineering, manpower, production, and facilities are available to support the program
- Works with customers to align mission needs with new business opportunities
- Solves highly complex problems with significant business impact
- Development and management of financial forecasts
- Identifies program risks and creates opportunities to manage the operational or market risks
- Identifies opportunities to expand sales to existing customers or sell programs to new customers
- Coordinates and monitors major subcontractor activities, deliverables, and finances
- Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, subcontract agreements, and other program documents
- Prepares and provides required reports, briefings, and technical reviews to senior management as requested
- Masters in STEM with 9 years of experience or Bachelors in STEM with minimum of 11 years of experience in development of spaceflight programs, infrared remote sensing, or meteorological phenomenology. This experience will include:
- Managing technology development program(s) with annual revenues of $10M+
- Managing cross disciplined workforce of approximately 25+
- Managing multiple subcontractors and suppliers in a performance-based environment
- Experience in Earned Value Management
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification
- Strong customer relations with NASA and/or NOAA customers
- Experience in strategy development; aligning internal capabilities with external needs to capture new business
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!