A Gage Calibration Technician plays a critical role in verifying that gauges used by our inspection team are calibrated correctly and give accurate readings. The Gage Calibration Technician ensures that our customers' needs are met by verifying that gauges conform to strict audit standards.
A successful Gage Calibration Technician will be mechanically inclined, have a continuous improvement mindset, and ideally have experience in a manufacturing or aerospace environment. In order to become successful and provide immediate impact, you will need to quickly lear, be comfortable working with customers in audits and be comfortable using calibration tools.
* Establish and maintain records and files for inspection and calibration of tools, instruments, gages, equipment and standards.
* Perform inspection and calibration in accordance with documented procedures, industry requirements and/or manufacturer's instructions within established calibration intervals.
* Perform gage setup for specific operations.
* Maintain records (paper and electronic) of inspection and calibration results.
* Perform inspection on newly purchased gages, fixtures, production equipment and tooling.
* Perform general maintenance and repairs on inspection instruments, gages and equipment, as required.
* Enter and maintain computer files on gage inventory and recall periods.
* Identify and segregate non-conforming tooling and equipment.
* Contribute to continuous improvement and support 5S initiatives.
* Generate suggestions for improving work; develop innovative approaches and ideas.
* Support other Quality Department functions as needed.
* Regular use of Syteline, PC-DMIS, and MS Office.
⦁ High School Diploma or GED
⦁ At least two years of experience of in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
⦁ A certificate in a manufacturing related program from a technical or trade school
* Experience working in an aerospace manufacturing environment
* Experience working with ISO and AS quality requirements
* Knowledge of dimensional, visual, and mechanical inspection processes
* Skilled in usage and care of precision measuring tools and equipment
* Strong metrology, blueprint reading, and GD&T interpretation skills; working knowledge of SPC required
* Accuracy and attention to detail at all times and complete tasks in a timely manner
* Ability to effectively read and understand blueprints, engineering documents, inspection manuals, and procedures