Responsible for leading a team to perform activities related to the purchase of material, material planning, production planning, inventory control, and shipping/receiving for Tempe manufacturing and 3rd party contract manufacturers. Owns raw material and finished good product flow to meet internal and external customer needs in terms of delivery, cost, and quality. Accountable for executing assigned rigors to support key KPIs, business objectives, and annual budgets.
Essential / Key Job Responsibilities (including supervisory and/or fiscal):
- Lead and motivate a team of buyers to problem solve, drive results, and execute. Focus on developing talent.
- Oversee materials management and reporting functions at the Tempe site and 3rd party finished good suppliers.
- Proactively mitigate issues with supply constraints. Expedite materials when required and manage rejections or late deliveries. Escalate risks as needed. Measure supplier capability and long-term capacity plans.
- Build tools in Excel to manage KPIs with the team, review variances, and understand drivers and impact of changes. Utilize tools to assess risk.
- Understand inputs and outputs of a manual MRP as used to manage raw material demand and supply. Extensive knowledge and ease in creating and modifying an Excel based MRP.
- Develop strategies to reduce inbound freight costs.
- Drive lean inventory management practices and mitigate obsolescence for raw materials.
- Recommend and execute cost reduction initiatives by identifying and executing opportunities in purchase price variance, material usage variance and process improvements.
- Collaborate effectively with key internal stakeholders including Production, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Quality. Develop strong relationships with external suppliers.
- Partner with Global Procurement build supplier management strategies, negotiate contracts, and identify future opportunities.
- Propose recommendations to streamline core business processes while minimizing complexity, training effort and data duplication. Leverage Lean Concepts and Six Sigma tools to develop and effectively address process issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for committing funds on behalf of the company in an ethical manner.
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local, and company regulations, policies, and procedures for Environmental, Health, and Safety compliance.
- Advanced experience in Excel.
- Experience in ERP. JDE experience a plus.
- Must possess leadership qualities as well as the ability to influence stakeholders.
- End to End Thinking: Proven capacity to understand and manage the entire process associated with materials management and downstream impact.
- Results Driven: Identify tasks needed to support desired outcomes and challenge potential roadblocks to drive necessary actions for results.
- Development & Leadership Focus: Empower and motivate oneself and a team towards achieving a common goal.
- Clear Communicator: Skilled at giving and receiving communication clearly, precisely, and in a compelling way to groups as well as individuals at all levels, including senior leaders, colleagues, and subordinates.
- Agility: Adapt, change quickly, and succeed in a rapidly changing, ambiguous environment. Possesses a positive questioning attitude. Able and willing to dive into the why.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree. MBA/Masters a plus.
- 8-10+ years of Materials Management experience and a minimum of two years people management experience.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!