This position is responsible for providing regional medical leadership to the NORAM region, comprised by USA and Canada. This individual will be an active member of the Medical Affairs Leadership Team and, as such, will play a significant role in shaping the role that GMAF will play in the future.
This person will be responsible to developing the NORAM medical strategies in alignment with his/her functional and cross-functional peers as well as with Senior Management and will provide both tactical implementation and operational guidance plus oversight of activities related to day to day management of the team.
This individual will interface externally with healthcare professionals, clinical investigators, regulatory agencies amongst others as well as with internal departments providing medical insights and supporting the product strategy.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff with oversight for MAF managed programs. Work with all function heads and act as a business and people leader in the organization.
- Key member of the Global Medical Affairs team as a member of the MLT (Medical Leadership Team)
- Team member of NORAM Commercial Leadership Team
- Lead, hire, engage, coach and develop the NORAM team to foster high performance and the creation of a learning organization. Ability to attract, develop and retain talent within the organization in a manner that inspires ongoing commitment and enables excellence.
- Responsible for design, implementation and execution of NORAM strategies and medical plans in coordination with the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Provide strategic input into both company-initiated and investigator-initiated trial development and approval in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence in order to advance scientific understanding in support of the business for commercial, medical, clinical and regulatory colleagues.
- Maintain a solid understanding of pricing, reimbursement and HEOR analyses, ensuring close collaboration with Market Access team to ensure timely, adequate and scientific rigorous development of RWE for payor audiences.
- Oversee compliance of NORAM activities and staff with BioMarin’s policies and procedures, local regulatory and legal requirements and ensure that appropriate systems and SOPs/processes are in place.
- Build trusted and meaningful scientific partnerships with KOLs through deep therapeutic insights and driving changes in attitudes and behaviors through scientific education.
- Responsible for representing at scientific, clinical and business development meetings.
- Collaborate with and influence senior management to develop plans for organizational resourcing to support sustainable growth. Guide and facilitate organizational change/development activities. Included in this responsibility are developing communications that describe why change is needed and how change is to occur; help staff understand changes and the impact they have on their roles and responsibilities.
- Strategic individual with operational mindset -
- Driver-mindset with sound judgement, willing to challenge status quo and take action to influence attitudes and behaviors.
- Ability to work proactively and effectively, with exceptional creative problem-solving skills.
- Able to thrive in an ambiguous and demanding environment, with high capacity for effective relationship building and teamwork.
- Flexibility and adaptability. Sensitivity to a multicultural environment.
- Excellent project management skills, with a drive for results coupled with the highest medical and ethical standards.
- High scientific curiosity and credibility.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to convince, inspire and motivate people with a variety of backgrounds.
- Strong medico-marketing sensibility, ability to consider business needs holistically while developing scientifically sound medical strategies and tactics
- Advanced Degree (M.D. / Ph.D., or both) in Medicine and/or a medical sciences field. Board certification and/or current Medical Registration highly desirable, but not required.
- Very strong Medical Affairs experience required. Post-graduate education in Pharmaceutical Medicine a plus.
- Strong industry experience, especially in Medical Affairs (≥ 10 years) and in a variety of settings and therapeutic areas, from large to medium Pharma. Previous experience in orphan diseases is desirable but not required.
- Experience working with Global organizations and in heavily matrixed organisations.
- Prior US & CANADA regional experience leading in a competitive marketplace who has worked with global previously
- Prior experience with a fully-resourced MSL team
- Understanding of the complexity of (and emerging trends in) drug development and NORAM regulations for drug commercialization, launch and lifecycle management as well as detailed knowledge of common local medical practices and treatment habits with the ability to translated these insights into relevant strategies, tactics and operational plans for the medical affairs function.
- Successful track record of overseeing multiple products launches and lifecycle management.
- Track record of developing new KOL networks within specialty therapeutics areas
- Demonstrated ability to maintain scientific credibility while being commercially astute and maintaining a thriving collaboration with commercial peers.
- Experience in managing multiple cross-functional projects.
- Willingness to travel (also internationally)
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!