Overview of the role: The RFP Specialist plays a critical role in the Request for Proposal (RFP/RFI) process for retail and institutional businesses. The role is responsible for ensuring that RFP responses are timely, thorough and accurate and promote new business and client retention opportunities. The role will ensure that data on the fund family are accurately maintained in external consultant databases. The RFP Specialist will participate in various initiatives designed to improve the overall efficiencies of the team.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Preparing and responding to RFP and RFI requests; drafting responses that are thorough, accurate and highlight Hartford Funds’ products for competitive advantage and maximum impact
- Populating and maintaining the internal RFP response database.
- Working toward continuously improving the accuracy and relevancy of all information contained in the RFP response database
- Building relationships and proactively interacting with RFP stakeholders (such as the Product, Research, Distribution, Legal, Compliance, Marketing, Human Resources and the Hartford Funds’ sub-advisors) to develop strong content and to keep abreast of current information related to the firm, its strategies and initiatives for the future.
- Disseminating information internally regarding progress of RFPs and RFIs; ensuring a smooth RFP process where all deadlines are met
- Managing the process for ensuring data on the products and services are accurately populated into external consultant databases on a monthly and quarterly basis and through periodic ad-hoc requests.
- Managing the storage of all quantitative information used to complete RFPs/RFIs and Consultant Databases to allow for the quick retrieval of accurate data
- Participating in various projects aimed at improving the overall efficiency of the RFP team
- Working in a fast-paced environment with conflicting deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- RFP experience preferred
- Interest and/or knowledge of Fixed Income Markets preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to address technical investment-oriented detail in a clear, concise and compelling manner
- Solid organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Critical thinking, quantitative skills and the ability to understand and interpret detailed information such as investment performance and portfolio characteristics
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both external and internal business partners
- Lead and/or participate in a cross-functional project team environment
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently, but also to contribute as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Demonstrated skill in content creation and management a plus
- Experience with a content management database (Qvidian) is a plus
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!