The project manager is responsible for working with internal customers to scope projects, create work plans, track progress against work schedules, track budget progress and burn rates, keep plans up to date and publish results, create and present management reports on project outcome and status. The individual would be responsible for establishing project quality requirements and adhering to our established method of executing and tracking projects. This position will also be responsible for maintaining all active project plans in MS Project (or other similar PPM software) and will be responsible for helping associates to learn and adopt these technologies.
This role will report into the Instrument Project lead.. A key part of this role will be to assist in various department projects and transitions, taking a lead role in planning, coordinating and facilitating projects and transitions from project initiation through completion.
Specific responsibilities include:
Create work plans with direction from senior members of the Instrument /Logistics team.
Maintaining all work plans, enter status and burn rate into the designated project management tracking tool.
Perform resource management including forecasting resource requirements and resource consumption analysis.
Create management reports and presentation to keep senior leadership up to date on schedule, budget and deliverable status.
Collect, organize and call out project issues and risks.
Create and maintain collaboration environments using SharePoint or similar software.
Responsible for creating and organizing project work papers for validation and compliance traceability (when required).
Facilities weekly project meetings to collect status and discuss project issues.
Maintain and improve master portfolio plans in MS Project.
Train BD associates on the use of PPM tools and support PPM tool usage.
Aid business units and functional groups in the creation of mitigation plans
Create and lead portfolios including organizing portfolio, conducing portfolio reviews, portfolio analytics and leadership reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (business, engineering, or related analytical field) - Minimum of 6 years of project management or equivalency of education and experience.
- History of working in a shared service or Operations/Logistics - Discernment: Mastery skills in understanding the business, being agile and applying expertise in communication and working with diverse groups of people and skill sets.
- Execution: High Proficiency in project scheduling skills and use of PPM software (like MS Project, and Project Server)
- Critical Thinking: Proven ability to understand complex, multi-project environments and be able to quickly diagnose potential risks and issues.
- Talent Management: Demonstrated capability to facilitate groups of senior resources, provide candid feedback, ability to train people on complex tools sets, and excellence in working in a highly collaborative environment.