The Safety Manager will provide Safety leadership and strategic direction by leading the complex in continuous safety improvement efforts. As an integral member of the Plant Management Team, the Safety Manager will support and advise site management regarding the Safety Management system. The Safety Manager will formulate a proactive, local Safety strategy that drives the facility operations to become sustainable, healthy and safe operationally. The Safety Manager will participate in developing a vision for Safety, which includes continual enhancement of established programs and consistent implementation of new programs within a team environment. The successful candidate will be involved in the effort to eliminate the occurrence of exposures and safety issues. The candidate will also coach and mentor the site leader and his/her team on the development of a safety culture that supports safety excellence.
The Safety Manager will challenge paradigms and examine critical assumptions to assist the organization in looking at problems from different angles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a champion of the plant safety culture
- Directs the safety programs for the site. Recommends the design and implementation of new programs to minimize company losses due to accidents. Measures effectiveness of programs.
- Lead the compliance with OSHA regulations. Inspect machinery, equipment and working conditions to ensure compliance with OSHA. Maintain OSHA file and support documents. Accompanies OSHA inspector on any complex inspections.
- Regularly inspects and reviews plant operations to assure compliance of all permits, operation and equipment with state and federal regulations. Reports any potential violations and recommends corrections as needed.
- Analyze plant and companywide incidents and trends to assist in the reduction of exposures.
- Communicates safety policy and procedure changes to management personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring that all safety policies, procedures and practices are reviewed on an annual basis, or as changes and updates are required by practices or regulation and are rolled-out in a timely manner.
- Conducts safety inspections and procedural audits in the field and have the skills, knowledge and ability to take immediate corrective action if required.
- Ensure plant personnel training in areas such as: emergency response team, lockout/tagout, hazard communication, and personal protective equipment.
- Investigates all safety related incidents, reviews incident reports and completes necessary reports for insurance carrier, risk management system and corporate safety office.
- Support exposure reduction coaches in the “We Care” techniques.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to leaders in a way that builds trust and respect.
Education: Bachelors degree in Safety/Environmental or related engineering discipline preferred.
Experience: 3+ years of progressive experience in general safety and in working with fire protection equipment, Hazmat Response, Department of Transportation; prior safety management experience preferred. Strong knowledge of safety regulations, OSHA, hazard communications, accident investigation and safety training methods. Knowledge of industry best practice regarding safety and environmental approaches with PSM/ RMP safety practices.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!