The Group Director of Sales Marketing, & Clinical Services develops and implements plans and programs to create an effective sales, marketing, and clinical strategies for our portfolio of products and services. This role is responsible for planning and executing sales, marketing and clinical development programs that will meet pre-determined sales targets, increase our market share, and provide best-in-class clinical services. This position is a member of the Group Leadership Team (GLT). This person is accountable for planning, policy making, and development of structure, staffing and control of Sales, Marketing, and Clinical functions. The incumbent is ultimately responsible for increasing and protecting Moog Medical Devices Group’s (MDG) market share on a global basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead the Sales, Marketing, and Clinical functions in MDG. Lead by example. Provide and foster an environment where people are respected, supported, and encouraged to achieve their best.
· Develop and implement a realistic budgeted sales and marketing plan/forecast to meet or exceed MDG revenue and profit goals.
· Drive and implement strategic sales and marketing plans that successfully achieve business objectives.
· Work with our Clinical team to build robust platforms for deploying our clinical resources to improve customer satisfaction, integrate clinical perspectives into our products and services, and to assist our customers with operation of our devices.
· Analyze market research and analyze results to adjust sales and marketing strategy for maximum success and Monitor competitors' products, including relevant sales and marketing data.
· Develop and execute operating budgets for the Sales, Marketing & Clinical functions that meets business goals.
· Research, analyze, recommend, and execute new business development initiatives to create increased revenue opportunities for MDG.
· In conjunction with your sales and marketing teams, negotiate pricing and relationship strategies for MDG major accounts consistent with revenue and profit objectives.
· Maintain MDG market position by providing the necessary intelligence on the marketplace and the competitive situation to achieve winning proposals.
· Maintain superior customer relations to ensure achievement of sales and profit goals.
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with key clients, including negotiating and closing on major contracts.
· Partner with Customer Service and Quality Assurance to understand our customer complaints and assist in developing response plans as needed.
· As a member of the GLT, participate in decisions affecting the operation of MDG and the development of MDG goals and plans for implementation.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or equivalent experience, MBA preferred; or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical device experience mandatory. Infusion and/or Home Care experience a plus.
· Experience leading cross-functional teams.
· Minimum ten years’ experience in leading a sales team
· Previous experience in senior sales role with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present strategy and results to staff members at every level of the organization
· Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with current and prospective clients
· Demonstrated skill in negotiating and closing on critical sales contracts
· Ability to handle concurrent projects and coordinate the efforts of direct and indirect reports.
· Strong ability to analyze and use data and resources.
· Strong communication skills with all levels of personnel and customers.
· Able to succeed in highly regulated compliance-oriented environment while still providing service excellence
· Experience leading remote teams (within and outside US Markets)
· Experience in start-up operations in other locations (preferred)