The Network Engineer will install, administer, support and maintain enterprise systems. This position will be responsible for providing specifications, analyzing & recommending solutions and providing specifications for new products and services.
This position will be an expert in troubleshooting, operations and implementation of assigned disciplines which may include Security, Network, Infrastructure, and Applications.
Key Role Responsibilities - Core
- Acts as first line of support for many operational issues and tracks ongoing support issues.
- Tracks office growth, office moves, and network capability.
- Task Automation through scripting and API interaction.
- Strong operations focus on continual proactive process improvement.
- Helps with the creation, testing and/or modification of solutions based on design specifications.
- Recommends, implements, and monitors systems management activity and tasks.
- Monitors network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Research new technologies by attending seminars, reading blogs, or taking classes, and implement or recommend the implementation of new technologies.
- Operate consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Manage and maintain accurate network asset inventory.
- May maintain and monitor systems related to Disaster Recovery.
- May monitor system performance and performs data recovery operations when needed.
- Perform data analysis for anomaly detection.
- May be a subject matter expert for a variety of network systems or applications.
- May train end users or peers on particular applications, services, devices, or concepts.
- Responsible for generating health, capacity, and performance reporting as requested and designated by upper management.
- Report incidents, trending and uptime statistics.
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations promptly and efficiently.
Key Role Responsibilities - Additional Core
In addition this position will be responsible for the following:
- Evaluate solution or configuration applicability to company’s environment.
- System implementations including testing, documentation, launch, and turnover to operations.
- Manage system lifecycle including upgrades and decommissioning.
- Troubleshoot and serve as escalation point for IT department.
- Evaluates and solves complex systems issues.
- Makes recommendations and helps implement tactical technology solutions to ensure project success.
- Provides administration and support for multiple technical environments.
- Maintains hardware and build standards to include fault tolerance, high availability, maximum performance, and disaster recovery.
- Works to optimize performance, stability, and up-time for existing network systems.
- Collaborates with Engineering and other IT team members to define requirements and implement new network solutions to meet the growing needs of the business.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely.
- Python scripting language - Intermediate.
- Ability to follow-up on inquiries in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written - Intermediate.
- Ability to solve technical issues - Intermediate.
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking and telecommunications.
- Ability to quickly and effectively solve complex problems.
- Ability to build relationships with team members that transcend a project.
- Ability to deliver quality through attention to detail.
- Ability to work in team and independently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (may be on call in the evenings and weekends).
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field (Preferred).
- In lieu of the above requirements, relevant experience will be considered.
- 5+ Years network engineering experience (Required).
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!