The Coding Manager will be responsible for standardizing coding processes to ensure timely and compliance coding of claims for the revenue cycle within the organization. The Coding Manager will be responsible for the following outcomes: Provide leadership and support to the AHS and AMG Directors, Managers and Providers to ensure all CMS and AMA guidelines are followed for the coding of claims during the revenue cycle process. The Coding Manager will work directly with the Internal Audit team to ensure coding accuracy of claims. The Coding Manager will establish and maintain a coding compliance plan, standard operating procedures, coding education and assist with compliance coding audit plans. The Coding Manager will work collaboratively with the Hospital and Professional Revenue Cycle Teams to ensure consistent, accurate and compliant coding of claims. The Coding Manager is also responsible for ensuring staff professionalism and the handling of coding inaccuracies, underpayments and overpayments. The Coding Manager will provide a critical role in the development/maintenance of the Revenue Cycle system-wide design, implementation and maintenance of the corporate goal of enhancing the patient financial experience.
· Provide leadership and support to the Clinic Managers to ensure all aspects of the financial aspect of patient experience is enhanced and maintained.
· Manage and oversee the Coding of claims to coordinate and ensure consistent training and adequate staffing levels maintained on a daily basis in coding department for Revenue Cycle.
· Monitor and Maintain annual revenue cycle staff competencies for the Coding Team.
· Play a critical role in development/maintenance of the Revenue Cycle system-wide design, implementation and maintenance of the corporate goal of enhancing the patient financial experience.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· AMA CPC, ICD and HCPS extensive knowledge.
· Knowledge of CMS guidelines.
· Has direct supervisory responsibility as outlined in Management Essential functions applicable to all Management Levels
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· Must be Certified Professional Coder- certification must be current and in good standing.
· Management preferred but recognize that experience is overwhelming factor in this role, so experience can be submitted for degree.
· CPC or RHIA certification or equivalent
· 3-5 years of experience