7 years minimum of relevant experience in export controls and sanctions and international trade compliance in an international environment, with either an international operating company or an international law firm;
· Thorough understanding and working knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and the U.S. Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) regulations.
· Previous experience in a technically complex export controls compliance and licensing environment with hands on experience in working directly with US government agencies (primarily BIS and OFAC), filling CCATS, licenses, ENC reporting, Anti-boycott
· Working knowledge of SNAP-R and OFAC license protocols preferably under TSRA program
· High ethical standards, excellent communication and presentation skills (with the ability to electrify people), an open-minded approach, a hands-on mentality;
· LLM, J.D, B.A., M.B.A., or related degree preferred, with a focus on international trade, and/or legal affairs.
· Relevant experience in safeguarding compliance (either in an international company or via a law/consulting firm), including translation of export control and sanctions legal requirements into business practice, working with US agencies, conducting investigations, assessing risk and developing mitigation strategies, providing trainings, developing compliance programs as well as drafting policies and procedures, whereas proven experience in the field of trade compliance, export controls or sanctions is critical for being effective in this role;
· Demonstrated success in working across organizational boundaries, as well as working in a global organization across various cultures and departments
· Excellent written and oral skills to ensure the effective exchange of ideas with a wide audience, take regulatory language and translate into concise business correspondence and working documents including, but not limited to, procedures, guidelines, policies, training materials, memos and letters.
· Advanced computer skills including MS office (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel and Power Point).