This is a salaried position for Zwolle Engineered Lumber Products (ELP) manufacturing facility. The Process Control Engineer will report to the unit manager at the Zwolle, Louisiana ELP facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, training and supporting improvement process control solutions across the ELP regional manufacturing operations. The Process Control Engineer will work closely with mill personnel, corporate teams, and/or technology providers to identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions in support of business and operational goals.
- Lead, develop, and support application of process and process control best practices. Including joining with mill leadership to develop mid and long term process control network strategies
- Understand and share industry best practices, equipment options and proven strategies for manufacturing control systems and applications
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement, variability reduction and cost reduction
- Provide project and technical leadership (including training) for local and system-wide process control technology applications and PLC Technicians
- Serve as a key ELP business resource for projects to install and apply new process control technology and methods, documentation and training
- Create visibility and lead review of technology with potential for application in our manufacturing operations
- Build relationships with Corporate and other businesses process control resources
- Initiate and develop productive relationships with external suppliers of process and control technology
- Partner with manufacturing and business leaders to ensure alignment of project portfolio with business and operational goals
- Mentor and assist the development of other process and process control engineers and Technicians throughout the business
The following qualifications are required:
The following qualifications are desired:
- BS degree in Chemical, Electrical, Industrial, Computer or Mechanical Engineering or 10+ more years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in applying and supporting process control solutions in manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying process control solutions for process/product improvement and cost reduction
- Expert level knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLC), human-machine interface (HMI) and related systems with proficiency in programming and configuring complex automation strategies
- Ability and desire to lead cross-functional team projects with participation from manufacturing site and corporate based engineering personnel
- Ability to work with associates of all levels including managers, engineers, machine operators, quality technicians, line supervisors, maintenance technicians, information technology
- Extensive process knowledge and a first principles understanding of dynamic process behavior
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and problem-solving ability
- Capacity to lead and participate in several projects simultaneously
- Experience in wood products manufacturing and associated discrete control applications
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to diagnose complex process scenarios
- Experience in controller design and fundamental tuning approaches
- Experience with successfully applying advanced control solutions, such as model predictive control (MPC) for multi-variable processes
- Proficiency using process historian systems, analysis tools and information systems such as Aspen IP/21 Process Explorer, and GE Proficy Plant Applications
- Proficiency with process identification and control tuning software tools such as Expertune, ProTuner, or Entech
- Experience developing applications with programming languages such as Visual Basic, C, or Java; databases such as Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience in LEAN Manufacturing or similar principles and practices
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems, domains, Ethernet networks
- Experience with Allen-Bradley/Rockwell and Wonderware systems
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!