This is a self-directed senior engineering position responsible for site-wide implementation of RECODE project. This position will lead the engineering technical functions necessary to support the affected business units, and the individual must demonstrate excellent project management and communication skills to ensure successful project delivery.
- Project Planning – Prepares and implements an improvement plan for areas of responsibility for major projects relating to: future machine and equipment needs (related to growth and replacement), preventive maintenance needs, new product support, general and manufacturing support, and general process related improvements. The plan or proposal is to include the proposed technical approach, estimated implementation costs, estimated resource needs, and a time schedule, (Pert or Gantt Chart).
- Process & Product Data – Maintains a proven understanding of new methods, equipment, product specifications, waste, costs, through put rate, and material costs. This technical data is to be used in the justifications of new equipment and cost reduction projects.
- Documentation – Prepares process descriptions and manufacturing specifications as required. Thoroughly documents all equipment, machines, and tooling with accurate and clear detailed prints and maintenance instructions. Prepares or directs the preparation of, or approves, all engineering product and process specifications or changes to it. Is proficient in the ECO process and ensures regulatory compliance.
- Manufacturing Support – Provides technical guidance as needed to manufacturing and hourly technical personnel during the start-up of new or changed products and processes. Uses good decision making, problem solving and trouble-shooting techniques to minimize the potential or correct ongoing manufacturing issues.
- Equipment – Prepares a plan for procurement of capital equipment including obtaining of quotes, vendor investigation, budgeting, and scheduling. Prepares specifications, place orders, coordinate procurement, install equipment, debug and coordinate the initiation of modified equipment from outside firms or as modified internally. Redesigns or oversees the redesign of existing equipment to incorporate improvements relating to safety, machine reliability, product quality, and/or cost reduction.
- Design – Coordinate design activity with outside vendors or internal departments. If resources are unavailable, performs own design and drafting to implement improvements. Capable of developing and implementing sophisticated designs, and can approve drawings in the area of expertise.
- Cost Reduction – Provide concepts and supporting data for cost reduction proposals to meet the plant’s productivity objectives. Initiates cost improvement projects, manages their budget and is able to write large CB-2s.
- Supervision/Leadership – May be responsible to direct and evaluate job duties and performance of hourly associates in areas of technical expertise. This may include the packaging lab, machine designers or equipment assembly personnel.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering field from a recognized, accredited university with greater than 4 years related engineering experience (preferred)
- Associate’s Degree in a related engineering discipline with greater than 8 years of experience (considered)
- Experience leading engineering projects related to productivity improvement, cost savings, capacity expansion or new process development
- Knowledge of cGMP, FDA regulations and/or medical device manufacturing experience
- Supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership skills.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!