Supervises mortgage loan closing activities and functions. Ensures balance between growth objectives and credit quality objectives of the Bank. Detects problems and develops solutions in a proactive manner. Monitors customer service standards by assisting with operational problem resolution. Manages employees by setting and assessing performance goals and establishing work schedules/priorities. Responsible for ensuring that the Bank complies with required laws and regulations.
Essential Job Functions
· Supervises Post Closing personnel in the day-to-day functions of Post Closing/Final Document services.
· Keeps informed of trends and developments in local real estate markets as well as changing rules/regulations pertaining to both private, insured mortgages, FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA and RD.
· Administers all closing functions within the assigned organization. Ensures that all policies and procedures are aligned with corporate goals and initiatives and comply with regulatory guidelines.
· Ensures that all data is input into the system accurately and timely and that all applications have met regulatory requirements.
· Assists in the development/implementation of customer service standards. Provides written reports on service standards, including turnaround time.
· Keeps informed of rules and regulations as they pertain to RESPA, HMDA, Fair Lending Practices and all compliance regulations.
· Evaluates work flow procedures and implements changes to improve efficiencies. Ensures that all policies and procedures set by business unit are being followed.
· Creates and maintains follow-up procedures. Responsible for overseeing the training of new Closers to ensure accurate and consistent work flows are communicated. Provides direct back up for subordinates in closing. Reviews closing packages for completeness and accuracy.