This role requires a dynamic technical leader with a proven track record of leading change, inspiring others, and challenging the status quo. This position is responsible for development, implementation, and leadership of initiatives that drive effective, value-added Hardware/Software/Systems Quality Engineering engagement in the end-to-end Program lifecycle, beginning with Contract Bid & Proposal and defining both Quality Assurance Program Plans (QAPP) and Software Quality Assurance Plans (SQAP) that will directly impact the successful zero-defect, on-time delivery of all products meeting contractual quality and performance requirements. This role is responsible for consistently providing customer satisfaction, both with internal and external customers, focusing on prevention and early engagement providing tangible benefits in program cost-reductions.
- Responsible for talent development and management of a department of ~23 people with ~5 Quality Engineering Technical Leads, ~12 Quality Engineers, and ~6 Software Quality Engineers directly reporting
- Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for team or department to ensure availability of human capital necessary to accomplish departmental business results
- Drive a Quality culture shift, changing the focus from after-the-fact defect detection (Quality Control) to proven prevention (Quality Assurance), for nonconformance and other forms of waste
- Establish a sought-after Program and Production Quality Engineering Support Organization considered across the organization to be a value-added function that partners with Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Program Management
- Deliver tangible value in reduction of negative Estimated at Completion (EAC) costs for Quality, including effectively managing achievement of awarded Program Quality budgets, helping the PI&CQ team, Quality, Operations, the Sector, and Segment meet performance goals, working strategically, as required ensuring 100% on time delivery of products with the highest quality, reliability, and affordability
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a company culture of personal accountability through the identification of leading and lagging indicators, as well as product quality and process effectiveness goals, to ensure consistent performance of the business processes within scope of job responsibility. Leverage this data to evaluate process effectiveness identifying and leading opportunities for improvement
- Ensure team consistently offers and implements favorable Quality Engineering solutions with align with regulatory and industry standards for both internal and external customers
- Continually improve processes, prevent waste, and prevent non-value added activities in the end-to-end product lifecycle
- Works closely with the program teams and the functional organizations to ensure that all phases of the customer life cycle, from early proposal involvement through post-delivery support, meet the requirements for mission success.
- Drives early cross functional engagement initiatives working closely with the Integrated Program Teams to ensure that from early proposal involvement to post delivery support guarantees that quality is built into the design and processes, meeting requirements for mission success
- Ensures that manufacturing engineering, operations and design engineering interact sufficiently throughout the product planning and design phases to ensure a seamless hand-off during product transition to production
- Communicates within and outside of the organization to influence leadership to accept new practices, approaches, and concepts
- Requires ability to communicate and influence leadership regarding matters of substantial importance to the function or business area. Frequently conducts briefings to senior leaders
- Responsible for facilitating the resolution of technical challenges, ensuring successful tactical execution
- May provide technical consultation to internal organizations and/or customers. Extensively analyzes problems to seek understanding of the root cause of the problem(s).
- May participate in design reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering from an ABET accredited university and minimum 12 years prior experience working in electromechanical system design and/or manufacturing or a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 10 years of prior related experience
- Demonstrated experience with government, military and/or NASA customers
- Experience interfacing with Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) personnel regarding Government Program Quality requirements
- Experience managing personnel
- ASQ Certified Manager of Quality & Organizational Excellence (CMQOE) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance, as required
- Ability and willingness to travel when required to support Government Contract needs
- Electronics design and manufacturing experience
- Experience with problem solving techniques and conducting systems, software and firmware product and process audits
- Highly skilled in statistical analysis
- Proven knowledge of leading APQP activities with a minimum of 8 years experience
- Practical working knowledge of AS9100D, AS9145, AS6500, and AS9115
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including, but not limited to writing skills and ability to make influential presentations to peers, management, customers, and vendors, as required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Minitab and Excel
- Ability to travel - Estimated travel is up to 10%, most of which is within the continental US
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!