This role is responsible for end-to-end management of assigned technical purchasing categories which includes our Elyria, Helena, and Mobile locations. This position must proactively communicate with all appropriate areas in the organization in a very organized manner such that business managers can make well informed decisions.
· Procurement - responsible for all commercial activities for packaging, services, equipment and supplies including executing purchase orders and contract negotiations.
· Vendor/Supplier Relationship Management - work with suppliers thru direct and open communications and meetings.
· Inventory Management - utilizes tools to monitor and achieve Net Working Capital targets.
· May be asked to support other tasks as needed
· Backup other purchasing functions as needed.
· Minimum four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in business administration, material management, accounting, or 10 years of equivalent experience
· 5+ years working experience in manufacturing environment with experience in technical purchasing and inventory.
· 5+ years working experience with conducting formal bids and negotiating pricing.
· Self-motivated, strategic, dependable, honest, and thorough.
· Strong planning, organizational, analytical, communication, and networking skills are required.
· Team attitude and cooperate with others.
· Ability to change direction and prioritize multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis.
· Competent with computer software such as SAP or similar ERP system
· Competent with Microsoft Office Suite, including proficient in Excel (ex. Pivot tables)
· Ability to work in standard office setting including sitting, standing, bending, walking and light lifting.