The Benefits and Leave Coordinator is responsible for the administration of employee benefits and retirement programs, as well as overseeing all leave of absence activities. This role provides exceptional customer service to employees, and maintains critical relationships with vendors, resulting in positive impact throughout the organization.
DUTIES, TASKS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist employees with benefit requests and partner with benefits broker to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators
- Administer 401K plan and maintain compliance with the plan document and fiduciary responsibilities; communicate with financial advisors and the 401K committee
- Process weekly 401(k) deferrals, quarterly Profit Sharing, and Employer Match reporting
- Responsible for annual 401K audit and compliance testing, as well as annual compliance mailings
- Maintain accurate employee benefit data in the company’s benefits administration platform, to include deduction maintenance in all systems
- Manage benefit administration and enrollment for all employee benefits, including medical, dental, vision, FSA, disability, life insurance, and 401K; design and distribute material for benefits orientations and annual open-enrollment
- Facilitate monthly benefit education meetings, as well as annual open enrollment process
- Audit benefit enrollments and monthly invoices for accuracy
- Execute systems and vendor implementations from start to finish with speed and accuracy
- Document and maintain procedures for benefits processes
- Develop communication strategy to enhance employee understanding of the company’s benefit package
- Maintain confidentiality of all employee records and information.
Leave of Absence (15%)
- Effectively communicate with employees regarding the need for leave of absence. Ensure employees are aware of their responsibilities when leave of absence is necessary
- Maintain relationship with third-party FMLA vendor and STD/LTD vendor
- Create and provide weekly reporting to third-party FMLA vendor
- Maintain communication with employees on leave to facilitate successful return to work and payment of benefit premiums due
- Facilitate other leave requests, which may include non-FMLA related requests and ADA accommodation
- Maintain complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests
- Partner with HR Generalists on employee relation issues that stem from leave of absence
- Remain current on federal, state and local leave of absence laws
- Act as a backup to HR Administrative Specialist in processing and maintaining employee pay and personal information, including paid time off, disciplinary action, reviews, terminations, employment verifications, background and drug and alcohol screening on applicants
- Assist with projects and administrative work as needed for the HR department, to include the planning and execution of employee events and activities, as directed
ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES
- Build something that matters
- Do what’s right; be honest and fair
- Build strong relationships
- Share in the company successes
- Process Driven – Works “by the book” to follow processes step by step to complete each duty
- Accurate – Performs all duties with precision and skilled expertise to ensure high quality
- ‘Service’ Orientation – Helpful and collaborates to fulfill the needs of others
- Conscientious – Patiently takes the time to check work to ensure accuracy
- Detailed Knowledge – Thorough and works well within defined parameters with repeatable, successful results
CRITICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Clear, effective communications skills – both written and verbal
- Positive people skills, friendly and engaging with a focus on customer service
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Aptitude for multi-tasking, prioritizing and coordinating a variety of tasks
- Preference for accuracy, attention to detail, and organization
- Ability to precisely and efficiently enter data
- Mastery of entire Microsoft Suite plus Internet and email. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required. This includes basic data manipulation, vlookup and use of conditional formatting
- Knowledge of and adherence to current confidentiality practices
- Ability to remain objective and neutral in all aspects
- High school degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of experience necessary; Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains experience a plus
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!