The general purpose of the Truck Driver will be responsible for safe and timely delivery of good or other articles to our customers. The Truck Driver will be responsible for maintaining the trucks and trailers that are assigned to them.
· Hauling freight to pre-determined destinations.
· Utilize load schedules to determine the proper load in on the trailer, while insuring the load is secure and in proper condition.
· Weight and stage trailers as needed.
· Learn how to use and maintain driver logs.
· Check all load related documentation for accuracy and that it is completed correctly.
· Pre and post run inspections of equipment.
· Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to the vehicles.
· When not on a driving assignment, perform production assignment as needed.
· Maintain a clean, safe, and organized workspace.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
· Performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Federal, State, and local standards and regulations.
· Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding safety and standards of workplace behavior, in completing job duties and assignments