The general purpose of the CNC Mill Machine Operator is to operate computer-controlled machines to perform one or more machine functions on metal work pieces.
· Mounting materials or work pieces onto production equipment.
· Operate Milling CNC Machine to produce metal work pieces by way of machine control panel.
· Remove products or work pieces from production equipment.
· Inspect all finished products for accuracy and uniformity to ensure product quality and meets company standards.
· Review blueprints to determine finished work piece dimensions.
· Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments such as calipers, gauges and rules.
· Reports any non-conforming or defective material immediate to a supervisor or manager, immediately.
· Communicate problems to supervisors and offers solutions.
· Accurately logs direct and indirect time to data collection software.
· Clean machines, tooling, or parts, using solvents or solutions, water and rags.
· Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection while adhering to all general safety policies.