This position works under the general direction of a Group Environmental and Safety Manager and Site Operations management. The incumbent will be responsible for assuring the facility remains compliant with applicable US regulations. In this position the incumbent is required to work independently and make decisions that can have a direct impact on the compliance status of the site and business group. The incumbent may be required to assist a Group Environmental and Safety Manager with various compliance related initiatives or gaps at other Group Sites.
This position will indirectly influence all site employees and gain commitment to take action. The incumbent will facilitate/lead 5-10 compliance projects at any one time and follow up to assure high work standards for project success. This role will also provide technical and regulatory guidance to site personnel, including but not limited to contractors, visitors, process owners/ supervisors working in engineering, facilities, manufacturing and assembly work areas. Their work decisions and quality standards directly impact company environmental/safety risks/liabilities and carry personal liabilities as a result of their actions.
- Manage and assure that Federal and State environmental and safety regulations applicable to the site are met.
- Develop, manage and implement site specific Environmental and/or Safety policies and training programs to assure compliance with the Site, Business Group and Corporate Environmental/ Safety requirements.
- Lead role in representing the site during any compliance audits, both internal and external.
- Responsible for assuring audit findings are properly responded to, followed up on and corrected in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate and manage the Sites’ emergency planning; including being available 24/7 for responding to site chemical, environmental and/or safety emergencies. This includes being the site’s lead emergency coordinator in emergencies involving hazardous materials releases or other safety/environmental impacting emergencies.
- Provide environmental and safety support to Program Management and Engineering as required to support customer contract terms and conditions. Tasks may require creation of additional program specific hazardous materials management programs or implementation of industry specific certification programs.
- BS degree in the field of chemical, environmental engineering, chemistry or environmental sciences; or 8 years of experience in the field of environmental and safety regulatory compliance, preferably in manufacturing setting.
- Proven capabilities/competencies in waste management, emergency response and OSHA compliance.
- Proven capabilities/competencies in State specific regulatory requirements which the site must manage its operations within.
- Ability to access US export-controlled information.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!