Work as one of a team for maximum effectiveness and optimal task methods, which include operating equipment, product inspections, raw material and finished goods movements and area and equipment cleaning. Repair and adjust production equipment to produce parts which conform to quality specifications. Perform all job tasks to obtain a production rate equal to or greater than established standards. Perform changeovers and line clearance. Troubleshoot equipment including dismantling and reassembling of parts. Facilitate continuous operation of the equipment through breaks. Instruct employees concerning proper jobs methods.
· Set-up and operate machines to manufacture product which conforms to quality specifications, at the rated output.
· Continually monitor operations for product quality and equipment performance including final QC lot acceptance.
· Notify QC Representative and cell leader/shift supervisor of quality problems
· Repair, adjust and trouble-shoot machinery, including dismantling, replacement of parts and reassembling. Seek assistance, as necessary, from people outside the department (engineers, controls group, tool room, etc.).
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of all products produced in the department, raw materials required, and product quality specifications.
· Maintain accurate documentation (PPH, scrap/waste, SAP and MES transactions, etc.)
· Maintain clean and organized work area.
· Support production by delivering raw materials, supplies and spare parts to the production line as needed.
· Notify facilitator/shift lead/shift supervisor of issues with equipment or operators and help to develop corrective strategy.
· Perform PM tasks assigned by facilitator. Work with the process techs to complete PM tasks and coordinate completion of additional repairs during PM time.
· Determine critical machine repair components and maintain inventory in Parts Crib.
· Keep machinery, work area and floors neat and orderly and comply with GMP requirements.
· Propose process improvements to improve cost, efficiency, quality, and productivity of equipment while maintaining change control
· Must be familiar with all relevant controlled documents (Work Instructions, Forms, etc.), preventative maintenance task lists and equipment manuals which pertain to operation of all equipment on the line.
· Support business needs by working overtime as necessary to satisfy schedule requirements
· Assist technical staff on machine modifications/testing, equipment validations.
· Proactively participate in safety and continuous improvement activities within work area and provide instruction to operators on Behavior Based Safety procedures.
· Executes additional duties as required by facilitator/shift lead/shift supervisor
· May be required to correct problems during off shifts and on a call-in basis.
· Ensure efficient shift transfer through effective communication.
· Participate fully to achieve department’s safety goals.
· Debrief accidents and implement solutions to eliminate root cause.
· Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED
Trade School preferred
Two to three years in a mechanical or manufacturing Environment