We are seeking a Nurse Manager - Emergency Services that embraces a spirit of continual improvement and possesses a relentless drive towards excellence. They are accountable for the 24/7 operations of their defined unit(s). The Nurse Manager is accountable for the quality of care delivered and outcomes of areas under their leadership. The Nurse Manager establishes an environment where healing and wellness are optimized and the core values of the organization are realized for both our patients and caregivers. The RN Manager leads effective care delivery through strong caregiver engagement, wise use of resources, and compassionately holding others accountable for their behaviors and actions. The Nurse Manager assembles and develops effective teams of caregivers and leads these teams in a complex and changing environment. The Nurse Manager establishes and sustains collaborative inter-professional relationships in service to Health & Services strategic plans. RN Managers are accountable for unit adherence to all applicable laws, regulations, policies, contracts, procedures, and standards of performance. The Nurse Manager develops and mentors their direct reports and plans for succession. Nurse Managers are informed by the highest level of evidence available when developing standards and modifying care delivery systems. They actively support PH&S system, region, and local strategic priorities and programs.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that the unit meet or exceed standards of performance in quality measures.
- Ensure that the unit meet or exceed standards for continual regulatory readiness.
- Actively direct and engage in quality improvement activities.
- Escalate issues of safety and quality proactively; especially regarding high risk situations.
- Comply with policies for reporting and addressing quality care concerns (i.e. Unusual Occurrence Reports (UORs), serious safety events and sentinel event reporting).
- Proactively scan the environment to ensure safe practice is upheld:
○ Identify potential safety issues and implements proactive plans to prevent occurrences.
○ Hold caregiver accountable for following safe practice.
- Foster a healthy work environment through an approachable and visible presence.
- Engage with direct reports on a personal level and shows concern for them as human beings.
- Effectively communicate and manage change, including leading caregivers through complex work structures and workflows.
- Encourage caregivers' active participation in unit based councils and other shared decision making teams.
- Seek and provide timely feedback.
- Respond to caregiver needs.
- Keep teams informed.
- Create an environment of trust and cooperation.
- Effectively advocate for the resources necessary for unit operations and patient care.
- Create and implement efficient staffing plans.
- Minimize the use of high-cost resources (overtime, premium pay, agency, etc.).
- Use data to proactively plan for unit staffing coverage.
- Effectively and strategically plans for volume changes and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Respond to variance in designated timeframes.
- Keep leaders apprised of budgetary challenges.
- Actively participate in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of budgets.
- Motivate team to achieve standards and benchmark performance for patient care experience.
- Demonstrate and role models compassionate, relationship-based care.
- Actively supports system strategies to achieve patient experience outcomes; shares evidence-based best practices with others in a spirit of collaboration.
- Addresses patient experience concerns in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates skill in compassionate conflict resolution.
- Offers constructive feedback and encouragement; actively takes the initiative to coach and develop caregivers.
- Work in partnership with education and caregivers to develop ongoing competency validation programs.
- Ensure their team meets education and competency requirements.
- Provide a strong visible leadership presence.
- Actively manage and document the performance of caregivers.
Required qualifications in this position include:
Preferred qualifications in this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Current Oregon RN license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) at time of hire
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA-BLS) for Health Care Provider within 6 months of hire
- 5 years of nursing experience in progressive leadership roles
- Formal coursework in management, finance and other administrative subjects
- National Certification from recognized professional organization in relevant field of clinical expertise
- Management experience
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!