As a Veterinarian at our Ft. Dodge, Iowa site you will provide critical, specific technical resource and technical leadership for the Global Clinical Operations team including experimental design, all veterinary aspects of research protocol execution, study driven regulatory compliance, AAALAC requirements, veterinary diagnostics, treatment, gross pathology, and emergency veterinary care.
Functions, Duties, Tasks:
- Provide leadership and guidance to clinical personnel.
- Perform study related procedures, observations, sample collection, and data collection.
- Implement emergency treatments, animal evaluations, and appropriate disposition activities.
- Provide hands-on execution of basic and advanced clinical techniques.
- Train basic and advanced clinical procedures to study execution associates.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant veterinary procedures and trends by participating in, and/or with professional organizations, continuing education, external collaborators, and interacting with leading scientists and authorities to support R&D clinical activities.
- Work with the R&D scheduling team to coordinate weekly clinical tasks for veterinary involvement and guidance.
- Consult and provide support and expertise on clinical, operational, and AW components on study protocol development for clinical trials.
- Coordinate with Animal Welfare Veterinarians to design, implement, and monitor biosecurity and biocontainment procedures.
- Active participation in new animal facility design and implementation efforts, to include renovations.
- Ensure studies are executed in accordance with all regulations, the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, and the Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals in Research and Teaching as well as additional site accreditation (AAALAC).
- Support the design and development of the site husbandry and clinical program.
- Ensure compliance with GXP processes.
- Support herd/colony health monitoring.
- Rotate on-call schedule with Animal Welfare Veterinarians
- DVM required, current license to practice in the United States.
- Strong field and laboratory clinical skills.
- Experiences working in an Animal Welfare-regulated environment strongly preferred
- Experience working in the Animal Health industry with pre-clinical and clinical model understanding strongly preferred.
- Experience with USDA regulations as well as the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals and the Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals in Research and Teaching preferred.
- Prior facility audit experience.
- Familiarity with common animal health-related certification for both personnel and programs.
- Comfort at leading indirectly through influence.
- Experience with third party AW accreditation process for an animal research facility
- Relocation benefits eligible
- Work from home flexibility
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!