We're looking for a DCIS Engineer with work with our client's construction and start up of a nuclear power plant. The Engineer is responsible for the design and analysis of safety and non-safety related Instrumentation & Controls systems under the direction of a senior engineer and regularly interfacing with the Chemical\process, mechanical, and electrical engineering teams for I&C design and consultation. This Engineer applies his or her knowledge and experience, industry best practices, regulatory guidance, codes and standards, and good engineering judgment to ensure the design is compliant with International standards and industry best practices.
• Troubleshoot I&C (Instrumentation and Control) issues discovered during testing and working with both site and off-site teams to identify solutions.
• Provide test personal with help as required to execute test procedures. This could include assistance navigating Ovation displays, forcing points, creating trends, etc.
• Implement field change notices (replacing modules, installing updated software)
• Make temporary software modifications to support continued testing
• Collect data and/or other information required to support issue resolution
• Helping customer and/or test engineers locate design related information
• Bachelors in Instrumentation & Controls Engineering or a related field of study from an accredited college or university.
• 5 or more total years of demonstrated, applicable experience in process, fossil and nuclear fields.
• Experience with I&C analysis and design software.
• Experience with site commissioning
• Experience with DCSs, PLCs, HMIs and their requirements in a process\power industry
• Ovation DCS and Profibus/Modbus experience is preferred
• Technical writing skills and effective communication skills.
• US Citizenship required; Must live or have ability to relocate near Waynesboro, GA
Skills & Experience
Commissioning Testing, Detailed Engineering, Equipment Commissioning, Instrumentation Controls, Instrument Commissioning, Modbus, Plant Commissioning, Plant Instrumentation, Profibus, PROFIBUS DP, Project Commissioning, System Commissioning