Our company engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
• This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $10,000 for New Hires Only
Ready to be a leader with the company that is committed to pushing the limits of truly advanced technologies? At our company, we create the products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, it’s often classified. If you want to put your talent in the spotlight, it’s waiting for you right now, right here.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll lead a team of extraordinary talent. Together you’ll perform software requirements analysis, lead research and design, and develop and test software and tools. From inventing new products or enhancing existing applications, your talent and leadership abilities will be front and center.
What you’ll experience:
• Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
• A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
• Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
• A Bachelor’s in software engineering or a related technical field and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience; Agile experience preferred
• Thorough understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
• Expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve issues in creative ways and help company meet financial and business objectives
• Very strong knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting
What sets you apart:
• Excellent communication skills
• Very strong knowledge of technology trends and the ability to champion new ideas, products and process improvements
• Ability to effectively handle complex assignments
• Creative thinking with the ability to effectively multi-task
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Performs software requirements analysis, system integration activities, leads research, designs, develops
and tests software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing
applications, systems or embedded products
• Performs technical planning, verification and validation of others work, cost and risk analysis, and
supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
• Performs analysis for all levels of total system product to include concept, design, architecture, user
experience, test, installation, operation, maintenance
• Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the
development of complex solutions
• Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems
solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface
definition studies to translate customer requirements into software solutions utilizing whatever
development lifecycle techniques or model will yield the optimal results (Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
• Researches and analyzes data, such as customer design proposals, market trends, state of technology and
industry, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
• Applies and champions the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system
development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
• Participates as a Subject Matter Expert in internal review of software components and systems
• Receives no appreciable instruction on day-to-day work
• More often responsible to define the scope, schedule and expectations for the work they execute or lead
• Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments for self and teams
• Accountable to lead and guide the completion of major programs and projects
• Responsible for resolution of significant and diverse range of complex problems and issues of broad
scope and complexity which require the use of ingenuity and creativity
• Erroneous decisions or recommendations, or failure to accomplish results or errors typically will
negatively impact business segment financial results and cause business segment to fail to achieve
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• A seasoned, experienced professional having a wide range of professional experience and possessing a very
strong understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories and expert at applying technical standards and methodologies to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
• Demonstrates a very strong skills at helping company meet financial and business objectives by resolving
complex issues in creative, effective and financially favorable ways
• Capable of working on complex problems of diverse scope or situations or data that requires in-depth
evaluation of variable factors
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
• Detailed and very strong knowledge of technology trends and champions new ideas and product and
• Very strong knowledge of the software development process as well as software engineering concepts,
principles, and theories
• Very strong knowledge of software tools supporting Integrated Development Environments (IDE), version
control, defect reporting and scripting
• Detailed knowledge of other related engineering and support disciplines
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!