The Optics department of company in Rochester, NY is looking for a Tool Maker for our CNC Optics cell. This group is responsible for the fabrication of mirrors and components of exceptional quality for ground and space-based astronomical, high energy laser, and earth imaging applications. Individuals must communicate with and understand directions from the design and project engineering communities during design & manufacturing phases of projects. These individuals will need to be able to operate conventional and computer-controlled optical shop equipment as applicable and are familiar with various precision measuring techniques used to fabricate, integrate and validate optics. Additional activities include performing processing experiments, handling and transporting of mirrors and some design related tasks. Members work to engineering drawings, manufacturing instructions, procedures, process specifications, schematics, sketches or verbal instructions and must be capable of holding close tolerances during the fabrication and integration of complex optical configurations.
- Programming, operating and troubleshooting of computer-controlled fabrication machines (ex. 3- axis and Multi-axis CNC equipment).
- Participation in the developing, reviewing, and approving of Manufacturing Instructions and CNC programs for fabrication.
- Familiarity with Mastercam.
- Using measurement devices such as micrometers, Vernier calipers, etc.
- Maintaining accurate notes and properly filling out process documentation and log sheets as records of work performed in optical processing areas.
- Operate hoists, lifts, turnover equipment, vacu-lifters for the purpose of loading and unloading medium to large (100mm to 3.4m diameter) optical materials (glass, ceramics, composites) and tools on and off processing equipment.
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- 2+ years' experience with CNC fabrication and testing, preferably in the area of Optics Fabrication.
- Prior experience with MasterCAM or equivalent.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with glass handling.
- Experience with Siemens 840D controller and HAAS equipment.
- Understanding and application of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T) a plus.
- Experience in optics processing and handling.
- Experience in the Aerospace or Defense industry.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and general understanding of manufacturing and assembly techniques.
- Able to write task procedures & processes under Engineering or Technician guidance.
* Direct experience with Siemens 840D controller or HAAS CNC equipment.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!