Own the User Experience Design for our company's Pet Nutrition eCommerce platforms, translating strategy and complex product goals into effective brand experiences and clean, smart design solutions to delight the end users and drive business results. Understanding the needs of our customers and end users, and communicating this effectively to the rest of the company. This is a hands-on role that will cover a wide range of responsibilities, from user research to large feature initiatives to iterative product enhancements for both B2B and B2C platforms.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and direct design contributors (Marketing Agency, freelancers, and/or internal designers) to create consumer and professional experiences for ecommerce and connected product applications. Design interfaces and experiences that balance creative and conceptual thinking with sensitivity to user-centric design and brand experience.
- Oversee and produce journey maps, sitemaps, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and design specifications, and work with IT and QA teams to ensure specifications are implemented correctly.
- Champion data-driven decisions, managing qualitative user research as well leveraging Google Analytics to identify gaps and opportunities in the UX and user journeys.
- Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
- Influence feature development by working with business, IT and QA teams to advocate for the prioritization of design centered changes, refinements, and improvements.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated expertise in design thinking/human-centered design
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrates experience crafting usable digital interfaces
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma and Invision as well as Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with qualitative user research
- Experience leveraging Google Analytics or similar tagging to guide UX decisions
- Experience mentoring and providing feedback and direction to other designers
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in Design
- Experience in creating UX for complex eCommerce B2B and B2C platforms
- Experience working with an agile software development team
- Experience leading and managing a team of designers
- Experience with creating and maintaining design systems
Expected Areas of Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor, managing multiple products at the same time.
- In depth knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to connected applications and ecommerce.
- Solid understanding of design methodologies and practices such as user-centered design, interaction design, and information architecture with strong competencies across multiple areas
- Easily switch from macro to micro; from understanding the strategic value and business dynamics of an organization’s product or service, to caring about visual design at a pixel or message level
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations of Web technologies as they apply to designing for desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS).
- Experience with user research with the ability to clearly synthesize and communicate results
- Technical mastery of visual design, wireframing and prototyping tools
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!