This position is part of the Engineered Lumber Products (ELP) business and reports to the Mill Manager of the Zwolle ELP manufacturing facility. This position is located at Zwolle, Louisiana. This is a full time, exempt position. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for all maintenance associates and functions, including safety, maximizing machine productivity and uptime, as well as the condition and upkeep of the facility. Candidate will be responsible for driving improvements and implementing changes to ensure maintenance processes are optimized to the highest level and solutions to issues are identified, cost effective, and implemented.
Relocation available along with a competitive compensation plan, productive bonus plan and employee benefits.
- This is the top maintenance position at a mill
- Responsible for the performance of maintenance team employees and the related leadership positions/leads
- Manages and is accountable for all operations maintenance activity for the mill. May have accountability for engineering department.
- Develop, implement and maintain maintenance team schedules and detailed maintenance planning schedules that drive continuous improvement and support all elements of plant mechanical/electrical functions
- Has demonstrated expertise in all technical areas and direct oversight of 2-4 areas
Responsible for the mill’s maintenance S&E, contractor and labor budgets. May have accountability for capital budgets
- Responsible for cost control and benchmarking, planning, scheduling and other high-level managerial tasks
- Proficient in company leadership competencies and with focus on mastering constantly push to improve and build the right strategy
- Responsibility for a team size of, generally, 20-30 employees
- Typically has 5-8 years’ experience
- Typically reports directly to the mill manager
The primary responsibility
of this job involves management of people in a recognized permanent unit, which includes activities such as hiring, planning work, supervising work, evaluating job performance and conducting salary reviews.
- High School/GED-B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering highly preferred.
- Five (5) or more years experience in a management level role in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Ability to effectively lead people and promote teamwork
- Good working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and PLC programming and/or troubleshooting
- Ability to develop and lead training activities
- Documented experience in root cause analysis and trouble shooting
- Proven expertise in preventive and predictive maintenance methods
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Initiative to get things done with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of safety practices in a manufacturing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to establish positive relationships with mill leadership, hourly associates and business leaders
- Willingness to travel occasionally to other units to review opportunities to exchange technology, innovations and best practices
- Ability to perform physical requirements of working in an industrial environment, such as climbing stairs and working in extreme heat and cold
- Willingness to support a 24/7 operating environment, which may include weekend and holiday support as conditions require
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!