Negotiates and ensures compliance with the terms of contracts and/or subcontracts with government and commercial customers. Ensures contracts support overall business interests. Specialist contract administrator conducting proposal administration, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements and customer specifications. Capable of working without appreciable direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Incumbents are responsible for applicable activities, responsibilities, knowledge, skills and activities covered in the previous Contracts Administrator description, plus the following:
- Develops cost/price proposals and negotiates those proposals into contracts.
- Interacts directly with high level decision makers on contractual items of importance as needed.
- Directly contributes to the development of new concepts and techniques for contract administration and proposal preparation.
- Leads proposal preparation contract negotiation and administration of major contracts.
- Acts as advisor regarding legal requirements, contractual risk, and government regulations.
- Manages subcontracts from cradle to grave including negotiation and award of subcontracts and subsequent administration.
- Serves as contractual point of contact for customers.
- Monitors company performance for conformance to original proposal.
- Leads lower level personnel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree. Equivalent experience may substitute for education.
- 10+ years of significant and varied experience with Federal contract and/or subcontract administration and proposal preparation.
- Some knowledge of commercial contracting
- In-depth knowledge of contract types, their application and use and can advise management and others as needed.
- Expert knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations contract terminology.
- Expertise in the use of MS Word and Excel.
- Costpoint experience is desirable.
- Use of hands, arms, and fingers to operate computer and telephone.
- Talk and hear to operate telephone and interact with other employees.
- Close vision and ability to shift focus to use computer
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!