• Manage and lead facility personnel in the accomplishment of company strategies and objectives.
• Ensure facility is operating within budgetary constraints and manage the P&L statement making adjustments where necessary.
• Manage complexities of an automated warehouse environment and contribute to creation and documentation of appropriate Standard Work Practices as it relates to Parcel Warehouse Automation.
• Ensure daily productivity and service standards are being met by the use of the methods outlined by the company standard operating procedure.
• Ensure OSHA regulations are enforced and that all required documents are kept up to date.
• Act as a point of contact for regional third party service providers and/or local customers.
• Generate reports and performance measures for both productivity and service.
• Communicate and implement company policy changes.
• Provide coaching and training for facility personnel to learn skills for current job and developmental areas.
• Partner with local transportation group for dispatching and scheduling needs.
• Maintain the local relationship with USPS personnel.
As a Facility Manager, you have:
• 5 – 10 plus years experience in a large facility management role including 10 plus years experience in warehouse/distribution/logistics/parcel.
• Demonstrate leadership ability and experience supervising a diverse workforce.
• Ability to lead, motivate and mentor facility personnel.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Computer literacy for usage of e-mail, MS Office applications, intranet, and file management and integration.
• Able to effectively prioritize and handle simultaneous responsibilities.
• Knowledge of Safety/OSHA regulations.