Bachelor's of Science or Technology degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is required within 1 year of time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
We have an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineering Digital Design Manager. This position is responsible for providing the leadership to lead a team of ~20 Electrical Digital Designers responsible for developing hardware designs for Strategic Weapon System programs in Pittsfield, to develop the capabilities of the team to position for future requirements, and to perform managerial duties to ensure department operational objectives are met. This role will work collaboratively with other Technical Managers and business leaders as part of the overall leadership team to position the business for success. This will include creating an environment of open dialogue and creativity and fostering career development.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management
• Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports
• Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives
• Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, clients and other stakeholders
• Leads development of strategic projects or large tasks by applying engineering and organizational knowledge and expertise to achieve technical goals
• Provides technical input to Engineering Management in linking project IP strategy to business roadmaps
• Understands and interprets the technical, organizational and process aspects of the projectPlans and executes small to moderate sized projects or groups of projects
• Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
• Leads a group of engineers and technicians as assigned
• Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering project within area of assigned responsibility
• Participates in development of program strategies and teaming strategies on a single project
• Participates in the development of executable project plans on proposals
• Participates in the proposal process
• Participates in continuous process improvement efforts
• Actively uncovers technical and organizational risks and ensures they are included in risk mitigation plans
• Communicates regularly with project customer, supplier(s), project team, and internal management
• Deals regularly with support functions outside project within the division
• Regular contact with section manager and some contact with upper level division management
• Frequent contact with business development
• Travel may be required
• Security clearance may be required
• Works performed without appreciable direction
• Provides resolution to problems to a diverse range of complex problems which require the use of ingenuity and creativity
• Is identified as the most effective performer by management
• Provides strong technical direction in linking project IP strategy to business roadmaps
• Understands and interprets the technical, organizational and process aspects of the project
• Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals
• Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies
• Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s)
• Works with Business Development personnel
• Expected to manage work, set objectives and meet commitments for self and others
• Delegates assignments to others for developing solutions
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Background in Module/FPGA designs, Subsystem/Cabinet-level designs, Backplane designs, etc.
• Previous experience leading development of Strategic or other High Consequence Systems
• Skilled at executing complex tasks
• Bridges communication across a small team
• Strong ability to bridge communication across a team
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Effectively encourages trades across technical, contract and program domains of project
• Strong ability in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
• Strong motivational skills
• Self-directed/ self-starting ability
• Strong ability to lead, mentor, and motivate experienced technical staff
• Strong ability to engage in continuous learning
• Strong ability to communicate with managers and teammates
• Works collaboratively with resources external to the functional or program team
• Responsible for establishing and achieving operational objectives for a moderately complex function, program or program scope
• Expected to integrate complex activities
• Strong proficiency at all responsibilities associated with the position
• Strong ability to recruit, manage and retain people
• Typically has strong experience in this area of expertise
• Distinguishing features can include: Functional: Oversight of a function with moderate size, complexity or impact
• Demonstrates consistently high ratings on People Commitments
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's of Science or Technology degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!