The Senior Food Scientist - Deli Meats will define and execute research and development projects. In this role, you will be responsible for ideation, building business cases and project proposals. You will communicate the conclusions and follow up actions with relevant departments to ensure strong stakeholder management.
- Lead complex innovation and cost improvement projects, contributing to the innovation pipeline and portfolio with ideas for the conversion of scientific research and growth of distinctive product and process offerings.
- Manage process improvement and novel ingredients discovery and ensure appropriate resource allocation and communicate project results, recommending actionable next steps to internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct research and complex experiments and analyze results and provide oversight for interpretation of completed trial results and determine next steps.
- Coordinate with various functions, including marketing, food safety, and plant operations to ensure adequate resources are engaged to test and deliver technical findings.
- Actively partner with intellectual asset management liaison to assist with the development of strategies, processes, and control mechanisms to ensure compliance with regulations and company policies, providing technical expertise to support this process and to secure innovation property rights.
- Support research and development innovation growth by partnering with businesses and with technology partners such as universities, research and development organizations and industry forums; to identify emerging trends and needs.
- Provide direction and mentor junior team members as appropriate.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in value added sliced and bulk deli meat products
- Minimum of 4 years related experience
- Experience in value added sliced and bulk deli meat products
- Master's degree or other post-secondary degree in Meat Science
- Skills in project management
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience in meat science, value added sliced and bulk deli meat products
- Experience in product and process technology in meat science
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!