Serves as a key member of the Flooring North America Human Resources and Wood and Laminate leadership teams. In this role, the Director, Human Resources focuses on developing and executing strategies to attract, engage, develop, and retain employees in an innovative and highly automated manufacturing environment. This role will report directly to the VP of Human Resources, with a strong matrix reporting relationship to the President, Wood & Laminate.
- Ensures the Wood & Laminate and Human Resources objectives and initiatives are closely linked and support the business strategy.
- Attracts and retains talent to create bench strength in the business and HR function. Partners with Talent Management to recruit, interview and bring talent into the organization.
- Drives succession planning identifying successors, developmental needs, talent gaps and strategic plans to fill those talent gaps.
- Manages the performance management process including annual reviews, mid-year check-ins, manager feedback, coaching and facilitation of performance management training.
- Develops and implements robust workforce plans looking at strategic needs, seasonality, cyclicality, turnover, time to fill and other key metrics.
- Partners with the compensation team to develop and deploy compensation, benefits and recognition programs to create a performance driven culture.
- Develops and implements programs focused on driving employee engagement across the entire employment life cycle through focused strategies on talent acquisition, talent development, and organizational design.
- Leads business unit wide strategic HR projects.
- Develops and utilizes KPIs to communicate performance against goals, focusing on our R3 strategy of relentless customer focus, ruthless simplification, and reinvestment in our people.
- Works in partnership with safety to formulate programs, policies and procedures to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field. Master’s degree or MBA is preferred.
- 8+ years of progressively responsible professional HR experience with a minimum of 5 years in a management capacity. Professional certifications a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with demonstrated experience working in fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated track record of effectively leading teams, coaching, building partnerships and effectively managing and resolving challenges.
- Ability to analyze and assess organizational needs and provide solutions.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce desired outcomes within tight timeframes.
- Initiative & follow-up, including a strong sense of autonomy.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, prioritize and effectively manage multiple complex projects concurrently and develop in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with and connect with all levels of employees.
- Demonstrated track record of successful large, scale program roll-out, including change management and communications.
- Demonstrated experience leading or facilitating the development and implementation of business-oriented projects.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with Mohawk’s senior management, internal and external business contacts.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Candidates must have both strong strategic capabilities as well as be hands-on and comfortable with tactical execution.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results through team efforts, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions; ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas.
- Ability to deal in a high-pressure environment (occasionally in a crisis situation) and render good decisions to resolve the problems.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!