Uses extensive safety and health experience to analyze, develop and identify safety and health (S&H) improvement opportunities. Implement S&H programs and processes to meet regulatory compliance requirements and Environmental, Safety, and Health Management System Framework expectations. May act as a lead to less experienced safety and health colleagues.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead the development, implementation, and improvement of S&H procedures and practices through the recognition and communication of risk
- Uses expertise to identify, communicate, and solve S&H risks and regulatory requirements to management and peers as appropriate. Recommend control/compliance measures where appropriate
- Provide information and consultation to key stakeholders i.e. employees, customers, contractors, city/county/state officials, and others regarding proper S&H practices. Represent the facility/operating area/company as warranted with certain applicable stakeholders regarding S&H matters
- Lead the investigation of significant and complex safety incidents including employee accidents, property damage, compliance deviations and near misses
- Administer the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of S&H training to employees and contractors as appropriate
- Conduct S&H job site inspections and recommend control measures where appropriate
- Conduct comprehensive workplace assessments of potential industrial hygiene risks to include chemical, noise, and/or radiation hazards or utilize third party resources when deemed necessary
- Analyze, interpret, identify trends, present, and recommend mitigation measures to improve S&H performance
- Provide guidance and direction to other staff members. May lead and direct work of others
- Bachelor's Degree in environmental, safety, and health or related field
- Extensive experience monitoring, analyzing, and making recommendations relative to compliance with safety and health governmental regulations and industry best practices
- Experience composing, compiling, and preparing reports and correspondence
- Experience interacting, advising, training and communicating effectively
- Experience developing information and making presentations
- Extensive experience in the use and function of environmental, safety, and health instrumentation, tools and equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to: apply math and algebraic formulas
- Knowledge of: Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations – General & Construction Industry, Industrial hygiene, and ESH Management System principles
- Ability to: communicate and/or exchange information in writing and verbally; conduct oral presentations
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Sales Professional (CSP) preferred
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!