Our Sustainability Advisory and Assurance professionals provide expertise and guidance across the entire ESG lifecycle, from data gathering to designing sustainability strategies and providing assurance over a variety of ESG subject matters. Candidates will experience projects across a variety of industries that range from developing key performance indicators across the spectrum of sustainability objectives to auditing sustainability reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with clients and perform independent research to develop a deep understanding of business risks and opportunities posed by sustainability or ESG matters.
- Perform sustainability reporting readiness assessments by first understanding existing corporate activities and then identifying necessary supplemental processes, information systems, procedures and controls needed to achieve desired outcomes.
- Perform materiality assessments to identify sustainability issues material to the client and its stakeholders. Identify key metrics or KPIs (from existing sustainability reporting standards) for internal benchmarking, progress measurement, and/or external reporting.
- Develop and lead external and internal training and thought leadership on sustainability topics.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Team with others on proposals and business development activities. Understand and manage firm risk on proposals.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards, manage firm risk on engagements, and maintain strict client confidentiality.
- < >Bachelor’s degree in Sustainability, Climate/Physical Sciences, Environmental Engineering, Economics, Accounting, Business, Political Science, or related disciplines. Master’s degree or MBA is preferred
5+ years of relevant experience with an advisory, financial services firm, ESG rating agency, sustainability role, or other relevant roles with a sustainability or ESG focus. For assurance positions, experience providing audit or attest services in an ESG/sustainability environment.
Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, technical writing skills and research skills.
Advanced skills in PowerBI, Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred Knowledge Areas
- Sustainability / ESG subject-matter knowledge including strategy design, reporting, and sustainability risk management.
- GHG emissions, water and waste accounting.
- Data and quantitative experience with data aggregation, analytics, visualization, and reporting preferred.
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting standards and frameworks such as GRI, CDP, SASB, IIRC, and TCFD; experience using one or more reporting standards preferred.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!