The Plant Planner position is responsible for developing the daily production schedules in alignment with Customer Service and Operational requirements. In addition, the Plant Planner maintains vendor relations and leads the supply/availability of raw and packaging materials to support the production schedules.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Develops weekly/daily/monthly production schedules from the Master Schedule working through team. Develop capacity strategy for the site.
▪ Manage and coordinate manufacturing needs to ensure that the plant is adhering to production schedules while minimizing labor cost and meeting cycle-time inventory (CTI) goals.
▪ Review demand from SAP/APO to develop a production schedule to meet customer demands where appropriate; logistics and capacity constraints and Operations/Making parameters. Ensure that the plan will deliver Customer Service while balancing Plant Performance.
▪ Lead all aspects of inventory of finished goods, and oversee ordering raw and packaging materials to support production requirements, service needs and working capital objectives. Manage finished good inventory not released by Quality and coordinate operational activities required for release.
▪ Manage raw and packaging materials coverage in order to maintain inventory levels.
▪ Ensures data integrity of SAP/APO to include demand, inventory levels, BOMs, and material masters. Ensure that the plant is adhering to the Planning FP&R Standard.
▪ Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, R&D and Supply Chain in order to plan for changes and new development in the workplace.
▪ Maintain open lines of communication with key vendors and sharing information relevant to changes in the business to continue the development of the partnership.
▪ Ability to conduct/facilitate weekly scheduling and monthly capacity meetings.
▪ Timely reporting of key performance indicators (KPIs) to include schedule adherence, case fill, and inventory returns.
▪ Participate on the Vendor Continuous Improvement Teams representing the Supply Chain Team.
▪ Support plant initiatives through involvement of activities/functions outside of Materials Planning.
Education/ Experience Requirements
Basic qualifications include:
A minimum of a B.A./B.S. degree; business, engineering, logistics, planning or related field required.
2+ years planning and/or logistics experience in a manufacturing environment.
Proficiency in Excel required.
Experience applying analytical skills preferred.
Preferred qualifications include:
Expected Areas of Skills
▪ Planning and organization skills.
▪ Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
▪ Ability to communicate and express ideas with other team members.
▪ Ability to demonstrate leadership, technical, and analytical competencies.
▪ SAP R3 system experience required.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!