Responsible for directing and managing three accounting teams within RPU – Store Inventory; DC Inventory; Rebate Accounting, majority of team is offshore. Responsible for adhering to GAAP, company policies and procedures, and partnering with Business/ Finance on results. Responsible for guiding subordinate staff and offshore team on issues that may include coordination and preparation of accurate and complete month end close responsibilities, internal controls and various other controllership initiatives.
- Directly leads and owns a designated functional area of Accounting with meaningful size and/or supports a single business unit with meaningful size and financial contribution to the organization.
- Directs and controls the general accounting activities, including recording company transactions, classifications, and reconciliation of account balances in accordance with GAAP and company policy.
- Establishes project teams, assigns responsibilities, and facilitates meetings to ensure timely goal attainment.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops employees through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of policies and rules, and constructive discipline; builds morale and motivation. May be responsible for managing retained and outsourced staff and for providing successful service levels according to the defined Statement of Work established by the Company’s management team.
- Prepares management reports and participates in presenting monthly accounting results to senior management.
- Supports the development and implementation of accounting systems and controls; directs the documentation of accounting procedures; ensures implementation of requisite system changes to support the business units and new programs.
- Ensures compliance with accounting principles and adherence with company policy in the business units; implements new policies and changes based on the recommendation and research provided by the Corporate Accounting External Reporting and Research group.
- Plans, recommends and implements the annual expense and capital budgets.
- Works with the external public accountants in planning and executing the annual audit for Walgreens’ business units.
- Partners with other areas within Accounting to ensure the proper recording of business transactions.
- Leads Accounting Managers or other support staff as necessary for department operations. Builds employee engagement, morale and motivation. Teaches and trains business partners in all accounting matters to help raise accounting acumen within department.
- Actively participates in VCS organization planning and development activities
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!