Description: Effectively manage the quality assurance team to ensure successful implementation and sustainment of our company's quality management system in support of the various production programs. The quality manager will be responsible for leading a team of approximately 12 employees. Effective collaboration with procurement, suppliers, manufacturing engineering, design engineering and quality assurance is critical to the role. This position reports to the Director of Operations. Establishes short-term operational plans with measurable contribution to function or business area results. Requires management and leadership knowledge in Quality Assurance and comprehensive knowledge within professional discipline.
- Drive advanced product quality planning throughout the product development, production, and service life.
- Skilled in contract and regulatory requirements identification, implementation, and compliance.
- Develops and implements standard work for: inspection and test compliance, quality systems, calibration, risk identification and mitigation, supplier quality, MRB, root cause & corrective action, failure reporting and related quality processes.
- Manage AS 9100/ ISO 9001:2015 and other respective quality standards implementation and ensure compliance
- Apply our company's policies, procedures and standards that are relevant to the respective program and functional organizations
- Apply principles of quality science, and other qualitative & quantitative methods to cultivate and partner in driving performance to contract, quality, cost and schedule, customer satisfaction and continuous quality improvement throughout the program lifecycle
- Collaborate with various QMS elements and other support functions and customers to meet the various quality, cost, and schedule commitments
- Responsible for successfully leading and developing a team of high caliber quality professionals
- Contribute and work with the Director of Operations, Engineering and Program Management in establishing the long- and short-term business plans and objectives for the business area. Ensure that those objectives are communicated effectively to subordinates. Develop tactical plans and budgets for labor, resources, and capacity necessary for function managed.
- Ensure that all departments involved in designing and producing goods are following quality, contract, and reliability requirements.
- Performs analysis on reported nonconformities and discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical systems, and field data
- Further investigates the cause for discrepancies and nonconformities to develop disposition and recommend corrective action plans.
- Leads material review board, corrective action board and Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) activities.
- Ensure quality is an integral part of engineering design and manufacturing processes. Ensure quality, engineering & manufacturing work to implement APQP.
- Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, supplier, and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
- Conducts program quality cost account management and manages supplier corrective actions.
- Serves as the primary interface to customers and supplier for quality related matters.
- Implements Zero Defect methodology internally and at suppliers.
- Comprehensive knowledge and quality engineering skills within an Aerospace/Defense environment.
- Other related duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Requires management and leadership knowledge in job area.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience, or we will also consider a Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience supporting quality related functions within a AS9100 certified production environment.
- Experience managing several direct reports within a Quality department.
- Ability to travel up to 20%, both domestically and some internationally.
- Active Secret level government issued security clearance required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience using ETQ Quality Management System software.
- Experience with MRP systems
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- American Society for Quality Certification
- Good communicator, self-motivated, attention to detail
- Six Sigma Black Belt
* Zero Defects implementation experience
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!