Our company engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a Polygraph. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Our company has an immediate opening for a Senior Engineering Manager (SEM) in our SIS (Space and Intelligence Systems) LOB (Line of Business). This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. Our employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
• Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, technologies, and people
• Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters
• Must be able to interact regularly with executives and/or major customers
• Must be able to negotiate with customers or management or be able to influence senior level leaders
• Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company
• Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods
• Has responsibility for managing people, including training, succession planning, performance evaluations, merit/promotion planning, career growth planning, and maintaining morale of team
• Responsible for aligning business objectives and strategies with engineering capabilities and technologies
• Creates and reviews technical solutions for market opportunities and advocates technology planning and investment to develop effective competitive positions from which to effectively compete for new work
• Promotes the use of customer and company standard methodologies and processes for costing, business development, proposals, and engineering development
• TS/SCI Security clearance is required
• Leads CMMI level 3/5 processes throughout an enterprise organization
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• The candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of the marketspace
• The candidate must have both engineering and business operations experience
• The successful candidate should have demonstrated experience managing large engineering organizations and should have experience working in a functional matrix organization
• The SEM candidate must possess demonstrated leadership skills in multiple managerial and technical disciplines and have experience leading and executing large scale development engineering projects, product development projects and grooming customer relationships
• The SEM should be experienced making business and technical presentations to executive levels within the company and government
• The SEM should have demonstrated experience mapping business strategies to technology development, evaluating business case analyses and have experience managing technology development programs in support of the business
• This experience should encompass cross-business unit and cross-company project coordination
• Ability to travel extensively
• Demonstrated experience leading organizational strategic training and personnel
• Successful candidate should be experienced using data and metrics to make business decisions
Specific Skills and Experience:
• Ability to get program clearances
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!