As the Associate Program Director on the new product development Core Team for Software you will lead a cross-functional group in development of platforms that help people with diabetes live healthier lives. Reporting to the Program Director with your counterpart for hardware, scope includes owning projects within the Diabetes Care business unit and ultimately for the execution, quality and commercial success of the product in the market. As the program AD you will be tasked with leading and directing cross-functional activities and outcomes in an entrepreneurial environment.
In this position you will kick off and own the projects full life cycle including the program plans and product requirements. Working in close partnership with functional leads from across the business you will develop strategies for the project and handles everyday execution of these and supporting strategies. Also you'll manage the related activities of team members, tracks progress against plan, handle the project budget, identifies risks and provides plans to mitigate.
- Leading large new to market product development programs or new major initiatives within the business and influence the direction of the program
- Coordinate and motivate a large cross functional team and lead all activities to deliver the product on time and on budget per contract while meeting all agreed upon technical, operational, business and customer requirements
- Creation of the cross-functional project plan, including budget and resource planning, to fulfill the product concept. Planning resource requirements and negotiating team resource assignments with functional managers
- Leading development of a SW platform to support devices for therapy delivery and patient management, including cloud and mobile technologies.
- Leading user experience definition and iterative feedback to optimize the final product
- Negotiating, resolving conflicts and driving achievement of project and business goals
- Successfully tracking progress to requirements, plan and resolve deviations
- Provide mentoring to your team and deliver significant feedback to their functional leaders regarding functional strategies, execution, and training needs
- Providing important and significant input to the performance of contributors that is considered in their year-end performance reviews and compensation recommendations
- Ensuring product acceptability by intended customers; spending time with customers/end-users and constantly investing in understanding customer environment.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement in organization's ability to execute programs and projects from initiation through launch
- Successful track record of developing and launching commercially viable medical software technologies and delivering to market
- Deep understanding of disciplined product/technology development processes (Phase/Gate product development method), regulatory and quality requirements
- 10 or more years of proven experience in successfully leading cross-functional medical device product development teams and/or software leadership experience
- Successful experience working with outside contract development groups and the ultimate transfer to internal resources for a successful product launch
- Communication of technical and business topics to senior leadership teams
- Must have strong leadership skills, be collaborative, and be very relationship oriented
- Solid understanding of regulatory standards (e.g. ISO14971, ISO 13485); system level V&V planning and execution.
- Experience with Agile development practices, and leading an agile transformation
- Strong fit with BD values.
- Travel: Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time; occasional international travel will be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Product Development Phase-gate Processes and Procedures
- Quality System Regulations for Medical Devices
- Technology Development Process
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Mobile and Cloud Product Development
- Product Development Performance Metrics
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Preliminary and Integrated Business Plans
- Voice of Customer Methodologies
- Team Formation and Dynamics
- Project Management
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!