This position manages the team of Project Engineers. This role owns engineering execution, drives leadership across disciplines, and manages all cost/schedule/technical aspects of the engineering scope. A Project Engineer bridges the boundaries between Engineering and Program Management on a specific program. The successful candidate leads the engineers who contribute to developing the product, system, and mission solution. The Project Engineer is often the primary engineering point of contact for the customer. Oversees and coordinates the cost/schedule/technical aspects of ongoing engineering projects within the program guidelines set by the Program Manager and customer, acts as a cost account manager (CAM). Serves as single point-of-contact between engineering project management and planning, engineering project team, and line management. Ensures technical program execution throughout the lifecycle of the program, from bid to end of program life. Project Engineers provides support to proposal and business development efforts including generating quote bill of materials, providing basis of estimates, supporting cost reviews, and coordinating technical proposals. A Project Engineering role is very similar to an IPT lead for organizations that are organized into Integrate Product Teams.
This role requires the person to work on-site and relocation is available for this position.
Occasional domestic and international travel environments ~10%.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance, active clearance preferred.
- Provides technical direction to the individuals in the group and to the program teams
- Responsible for the management of engineering day-to-day tactical duties for assigned programs
- Manage and direct the day to day activities of the Project Engineering Group and make individual work assignments
- Participates in engineering manpower planning, estimates labor, support business development efforts and proposals
- Works with other discipline managers to improve engineering process
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Monitor individual performance and prepare formal Performance Appraisal Reports
- Be capable of executing all the duties of a senior Project Engineer
- Review and approve formal documentation (PLM, Assembly Instructions and Electronic Assembly Instructions, etc.) for release in accordance with internal standards
- Provide technical direction and oversight to individuals in the Group and to program teams, insuring high standards of technical competence and achievement
- Estimate labor, capacity and other resources as required to operate and adherence to budget and schedule commitments
- Define capital, tools, equipment and other resources required by the Project Eng. Group
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations to management and customers
- Ensure quality through group adherence to the Quality Systems Manual and Standard Work Instructions and other internally or contractually invoked standards
- Establishes the overall program plan from bid to project closeout to include integrated cost, schedule and technical scope baseline for the program. Plan should be executable and meet contract requirements
- Develops the project resource demand and works with engineering managers to provide staffing and manage gaps & impact
- Reviews status of engineering projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports
- Assesses engineering project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and customer-satisfaction goals and objectives
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring engineering project progress and enables intervention and problem-solving with engineering managers, program managers, and customers
- Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field and minimum 9 years prior related experience, or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Department of Defense experience; estimating labor efforts in accordance with DoD standards
- Experience/working knowledge of Earned Value Management and Project scheduling
- Cross-disciplinary experience in two or more of Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Systems, and Manufacturing Engineering
- Leadership: experience/demonstrated skills and abilities needed to coordinate, facilitate, and participate in a collaborative approach to the completion of tasks or assignments.
- Professional Knowledge: advanced level of technical engineering experience/skill and the ability to keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Experience working as IPT lead or in matrix organization; completion of tasks through others
- Software used: Microsoft Office and MS Project, PLM, and Costpoint
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Preferred Additional Skills:
- PMP certification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven capability to solve technical problems while meeting the need of the customer
- Able to drive Root Cause Corrective Action for hardware and processes
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!