The Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability Position will report to the Mill Manager and serve as a working lead team member in our lean manufacturing environment. This position will support IP’s performance goals by managing day-to-day EHS&S responsibilities for all mill operations. This position will guarantee the appropriate internal EHS&S resources are identified and readily accessible to accomplish mill and business-specific requirements and initiatives. At the mill, this position will be the primary resource on EHS&S issues. This position will serve as a key contributing member to the mill’s core team.
The key accountabilities listed below are not to be considered all-inclusive; a team member may be required to perform additional tasks, as directed, and based on changing business needs of the company.
- Pursues an incident-free workplace; regardless of where we operate.
- Emphasizes 100 percent compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Raises performance standards by advancing the ideals of sustainability.
- Develops functional reports with appropriate competencies and skillsets needed for future leaders within IP.
- Provides oversight, compliance and guidance to the Safety, Health and Workers’ Compensation in order to achieve safety targets for LIFE; TIR/LWIR and reduce Workers’ Compensation costs and claim volume.
- Implements programs, initiatives and measures to advance environmental, health, safety and sustainability key metrics.
- Leads environmental management team including the elimination of significant environmental events and the implementation of a comprehensive environmental management system.
- Focuses on environmental footprint reduction opportunities to support IP’s 2020 Sustainability Goals and education of sustainability.
- Achieves gains and reduces costs and liabilities for environmental and safety incidents.
- Responsible for day-to-day activities related to mill’s effluent discharge, solid waste contracts, permitting processes and chemical management programs with access to process engineer support for large project work.
- Assure worker's compensation claims are managed so that quality of care is provided, return to work is expedited, and costs are controlled.
- Oversees mill security processes.
- Works directly with mill management on performance management and development opportunities of team members.
- Mentors, coaches, and develops Health and Safety Team Leader.
- Works to directly influence various levels of local and state officials.
- Fulfills area-specific 5S expectations(5 Minute 5S Checklists, replenishment of tools and supplies, 5S Audits,etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Individuals must be able to wear all required safety equipment.
- Physically challenging mill environment; ability to walk, continuously stand, climb stairs minimum 50% of the time.
- The working environment is 24/7 – the ability to be on-call as needed and/or required.
- Minimum of 8-12 years experience in a broad range of manufacturing environments, forest products industry preferred.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; problem-solving, negotiation, presentation, and training delivery skills.
- This individual will need to be able to learn and adjust quickly, be action-oriented, be adept at building effective teams and be able to set priorities based on the business's needs, working closely with appropriate EHS&S/Business leads.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!