We're looking for a Senior Manager, Systems Engineering, to help lead a group of systems and requirements engineers to evolve the collection and understanding of customers' needs in technology and end-user functionality to deliver world-class products to our customers.
The role will lead a team responsible for representing the internal and external customers' voice and gathering user and system requirements, documenting these requirements throughout the development process, and representing these to the software engineering teams. This role will also work extensively with business stakeholders to understand upcoming strategic initiatives that will expand or impact the scope of ongoing initiatives. You will be expected to proactively work with Development, Software Quality, Product Management, and Quality to ensure defined processes are in place for requirements gathering. The position requires experience managing diverse teams, solid technical background in engineering and technology. Good problem-solving abilities, hands-on design and lab skills, creativity, and collaboration are essential.
- Expand and manage a Systems Engineering team to guide overall engineering efforts
- Team members will be expected to strong instrument/platform development backgrounds, capable of troubleshooting complex systems, identifying opportunities for quality improvements, and communicate results and plans to the rest of the Engineering team.
- Ensure that comprehensive System and User Requirements documents are formulated and that designs are compatible with technical goals and marketing requirements.
- Interacts with other senior functional leaders to ensure that the systems under development meet overall business requirements on time
- Manage the requirements engineering process throughout the development life cycle, eliciting, documenting, analyzing, and harmonizing non-functional software requirements.
- Develop a deep knowledge of our Software Technology Solutions and how they can integrate with other solutions to become a subject matter expert on our offerings and capabilities.
- Understand and enhance our innovation and capability roadmaps by understanding the internal customer and system problems then collaborating with development teams to identify features that enable scale and operational excellence.
- Drive Systems and User requirements processes across the organization.
- Ensure that all solutions have measurable outcomes.
- Provide structured training and guidance to internal teams on how to leverage the systems requirements group.
- 5+ years of experience in leading Requirements and Systems Engineering teams
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering Field or equivalent
- Prior management responsibility for diverse technical groups.
- Previous experience in product development of complex systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The ideal candidate will bring together a combination of strategic understanding, technology and process improvement experience, solution engineering skills, and communication ability.
Also, this person would ideally possess:
- Ability to independently facilitate solution discovery, blueprint outcomes, and lead multiple improvement efforts keeping service and customer-oriented mindset
- Experience working in Lean/Agile Development Teams is strongly preferred.
- Develop a feature roadmap for the data platform and break down features into user stories, preferably with experience in Aha and Azure DevOps
- Solid understanding of system development life cycle documentation, testing and release cycle protocols including business requirements documentation, test scenarios/data/execution, cutover, and hyper care
- Demonstration of good documentation practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with minimum supervision.
Collaborative and Communication
- Serve as a continuous connector. It is energized by a role that is focused on partnership and facilitation. Operates through the lens of what we can do to simplify and improve.
- Skilled at working with domain experts in the fields of technology, data and analytics, and business processes
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
- Ability to communicate complex business / technical challenges in a clear and concise manner
- Deep analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Leading by example, mentoring, and motivating others all around you
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!