Our ideal candidate is someone who has a background in telephony Systems Engineering. Legacy circuit-switched telephony is a useful skill, but familiarity with VoIP systems and SIP protocol is a must. The successful candidate will be a senior engineer, independent individual contributor, goal and task oriented, skilled at writing technical documents, self-motivated, resourceful, and inventive.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for Systems Engineering/Integration, translating business requirements into technical solutions, defining and documenting systems that support the software applications we develop, and writing design documents that are delivered to our Operations teams who will implement our products in the live production network.
Day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and participate in the design and deployment of new technology and enhancements to existing platforms, ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operations of information systems while adhering to department policies and procedures
- Lead and participate in technical reviews including code, design, and software feasibility
- Conduct analysis and design on all systems, network, and infrastructure applications and review technical systems specifications
- Investigate, research, and evaluate emerging technologies related to the systems
- Work with development and other Engineering teams to design all systems, network and infrastructure applications
- Design system to monitor effectiveness, ongoing fitness for use, evolving technology, trends, and proactive changes for consideration
- Lead and participate in the activities involved in developing a comprehensive and logical test plan for systems using appropriate tools to ensure established standards are utilized
- Handle escalated concerns or issues in a professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, MIS, or a related field required; however equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
Experience and Skills
- 5 - 7 years experience working in a multi-platform environment, including working with Linux designing, installing, configuring, deploying and supporting enterprise-class server hardware and associated equipment required
- Telecom experience within telephony, telephone systems, and switching and routing; experience working for carriers or hosted VoIP providers is preferred
- High Availability Engineering designing redundant systems, both locally and geographically across data centers
- Understanding of OSI 7-Layer model, able to differentiate protocol and application interactions and their relationship to network infrastructure and computing environments
- Understanding of TDM telephony networks
- Understanding of Voice over IP Technology, e.g., SIP, RTP, MGCP, Trunking Gateways, Signaling Gateways, Media Gateways, TCP, UDP, Load Balancers, A/D Conversion and Audio Codecs, G.7.11, G.723, G.728, G.729, PCM, GSM, AMR, packet loss, latency, jitter, QoS, echo, echo cancellation, Session Border Controllers, TDM-IP Capacity Planning, calls per second
- Familiarity with Virtual Machine architectures, VMWare, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, and Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of User Security, Identity Management, and Network Security, e.g., “Triple A”; Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting, single factor and dual factor authentication, redirect servers/reverse proxies (e.g., apache, nginx), API and/or XML Gateways, firewall rules, port security, VPN’s, certificates, openssl
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!