The Chief Sonographer leads and manages a team of diagnostic ultrasound sonographers who provide care for pediatric and perinatal patients. The Chief sonographer works with other members of the healthcare team to provide comprehensive care.
Reports To: Practice Director and Corporate Medical Director
- Must possess a current/valid certification in diagnostic ultrasound.
- Satisfactory completion of one of the following; at least two (2) years in Allied Health Educational Program and one (1) year on-the-job training in ultrasonography, or completion of an approved ultrasonography educational program.
- At least 2 years supervisory experience.
- Maintain or be eligible for certification the American Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Completion of a course in ultrasonic technology.
- CPR Certification required.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in operating ultrasound equipment.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
- Prepares patients for ultrasound examination.
- Prepares patients for physicians.
- Explains procedures to the patient prior to the commencement of the testing and provides patient education related to medical ultrasound.
- Explains procedures to assure cooperation and optimum test results.
- Ensures the appropriate consent and/or declinations are obtained.
- Conducts ultrasonic diagnostic procedures and records anatomical, pathological and/or physiological data for interpretation by a physician.
- Assists physician during invasive procedures requiring ultrasound guidance.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains patient charts and records, and records and processes sonographic data and other pertinent observations made during the procedure for presentation to the interpreting physician.
- Follows universal precautions and OSHA standards.
- Code appropriate CPT and ICD9 for services performed.
- Submit completed billing work sheets daily.
- Notify Patient Service Associate of additional services performed which require authorization.
- Maintains proper operation of the ultrasound equipment. Recognizes equipment malfunctions and takes appropriate corrective action. Coordinates the required maintenance as necessary.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Responsible for maintaining adequate inventory of ultrasound supplies.
- Maintain archives/records scans.
- Oversees and coordinates the ultrasound schedule.
- Ensures compliance with AIUM ultrasound guidelines.
- Responsible for orienting new sonographers to practice.
- Participate in interview process of new employees.
- Participates in the annual reviews for sonographers at site.
- Maintains effective working relationships with patients, medical staff and the public.
- Acts in a non-directive, non-judgmental manner, recognizing an individual’s religious, ethical, and moral opinions/beliefs.
- Recognizes ethical, legal and professional issues inherent in providing care to pregnant women.
- Participates in staff development, in-service workshops and educational activities.
- Performs other assigned duties as directed.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!