Lead and participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle for GIS applications and projects. Key areas of experience include working knowledge of GIS and ESRI products.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Design, develop & implement solutions using ESRI’s ArcGIS suite: ArcGIS Enterpriser, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, and ArcGIS Portal.
- Experience customizing/extending GIS web applications using Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS.
- Experience using ArcGIS for Server geoprocessing services, including developing Python scripts.
- Provide solid effort estimates by reviewing business requirements and software specifications.
- Participate in discussions about design approaches and cost estimates for new projects.
- Provide technical collaboration within a wider GIS team to ensure projects stay on schedule.
- Establish and maintain strong, healthy relationships with Business customers.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment, possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capacity to act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Ability to solve complex problems and visualize new perspectives on existing solutions to improve performance & efficiency.
- Ability to assess requirements and identify responses to non-standard requests.
- Can articulate difficult issues and work to build consensus.
- Experience with project management concepts, requirements gathering and documentation, Project Life Cycle (PLC), and testing.
- Ability to produce quality functional and technical documentation.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, GIS, or other related field or equivalent formal education and job-related experience to include:
- Experience with multiple development languages and/or platforms.
- Experience working with Geospatial data management systems.
- Experience working with standard industry specific data models including PODS, APDM, UPDM and solution focused custom data models.
- Experience developing scalable cloud-based solutions (AWS, Azure, Google).
- Experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle methodology and basic project management concepts.
- Experience with basic infrastructure technologies and the ability to understand/communicate impacts resulting from development activities.
- Experience directing and training other project members.
- Experience interacting, advising and communicating effectively.
- Experience developing information, conducting meetings and making presentations.
- Ability to communicate and/or exchange information or instructions; conduct oral presentations and/or meetings.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write fluently in English.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!