The Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance Department is responsible for enhancing the integrity of the regulatory reporting process, reporting data quality as well as the overall control environment through performing periodic and on-going assessments of the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of regulatory reports submitted to the U.S. Regulators. The Department also partners with stakeholders across multiple functions to identify improvement opportunities and implement process and control enhancements.
The Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance Manager will lead the performance, independent validation and enhancement of external reporting data integrity. This entails performing periodic reviews of regulatory filings to evaluate the effectiveness of procedures and controls for the purposes of ensuring the accuracy of reports submitted to regulators. This position is primarily responsible for the independent validation of data quality, data governance and data control for financial regulatory reporting data as well as other financial regulatory reports data. The Bank Regulatory Reporting QA function partners with key stakeholders to identify areas of regulatory reporting improvements, including identifying process enhancements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for developing, implementing and sustaining quality assurance programs to ensure existing and emerging risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored and controlled
- Ensures quality standards are established in accordance with internal practices, risk and compliance policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Monitors the ongoing effectiveness of QA and regulatory reporting teams and provides guidance as needed / prescribed within regulatory reporting standards
- Briefs key stakeholders and management on quality assurance review results, trends, studies, and initiatives, and recommends courses of action
- Perform substantive testing for key reports selected for testing, perform end-to-end tracing to ensure accuracy of figures reported, perform mapping and classification review to ensure proper report classification. Perform detailed review of transactions to ensure transactions are reported in adherence with regulatory instructions
- Perform control testing of key business controls to ensure controls are designed and operating effectively and do not impact the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the regulatory reporting process
- Operate independently of the day-to-day regulatory report review process for the completeness and accuracy of regulatory reports, in accordance with regulatory reporting instructions, guidance, expectations and industry’s best practices
- Monitor, escalate, and report issues to management or other relevant stakeholders on a periodic basis; monitor the remediation of issues to ensure they are resolved satisfactorily and on a timely basis
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements and offer recommendations to enhance controls and processes to ensure accuracy and completeness of regulatory filings
- Interact with various business areas, understand process/workflows at various stages, identify potential enhancements to the regulatory reporting process
- Solve other relevant issues and assist with the regulatory reporting projects that may arise on an ad-hoc basis
- Approves annual Regulatory Reporting QA Plan
- Preparing materials and presentations and providing administrative support for governance meetings and regulatory reporting interpretation forums
- Collaborating with the Regulatory Reporting Training team to inform the development of the training program, and serving as a subject matter expert in the development of training materials
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years' quality audit or regulatory reporting experience
- Previous experience working in a financial services environment
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data, identifying trends, and recommending solutions
- 10 or more years of relevant experience in performing financial or regulatory reporting or performing regulatory reporting audit or quality assurance function at a large and complex financial institution
- Advanced knowledge of financial and banking products
- Professional designation (CPA) is a plus
- Audit experience (internal or external) is a plus
- Strong communication/presentation skills (both written and verbal)
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!