Job Summary: The Principal Engineer will apply advanced technical principles, concepts and theories to the design and development of assigned resources for enhancement and integration of new products and functionality. Provides expert guidance to the analyses of assigned systems and resources in order to ensure full functionality and eliminate processing difficulties. Solves complex problems encountered during implementation and testing project plans for new technology and enhancements. Determines design requirements, ensures efficiency, and offers improvement suggestions. Essential Duties:
- Support the architecture design and maintenance for new and existing platforms. Focus on key elements such as reusability, scalability, maintainability, and security
- Work closely with the product managers, architects, and other cross-functional stakeholders to translate overall product portfolio requirements into well-designed and functional resources
- Participate in development processes, includes scoping, detailed design, estimation, coding, testing, debugging, maintenance and support
- Write design and project requirements which may include both preliminary and firm estimates of system requirements, benefits, personnel, costs, timelines, etc., for review by management
- Own the testing and evaluation of system requirements and enhancements, documenting findings for management and recommending solutions
- Design and participate in a comprehensive and logical test plan for systems using appropriate tools to ensure established standards are utilized
- May code program based on system enhancements, modification requests, or new design specifications
- Own departmental efforts, team activities, and projects to ensure quality and efficiency of work.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for program support after implementation, which may include additional training, upgrades, or program enhancements
- Bachelor's degree with major course work in computer science, MIS, or a related field is required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for education requirements.
- Must have strong experience with Telecom CLEC; Sonus, Ribbon Communications.
- Understanding of Cisco IP Routing and platforms
- Typical candidate will have 15-19 years of experience with software engineering, system administration, programming, and/or a related field. Certifications and/or educational experience may count towards experience.
Very competitive salary and benefits!
Great company to work for!
Full relocation package is available!
Don't miss out! Apply now and we'll be in touch immediately with more specific details, salary information and to answer any questions!!
This position does NOT provide sponsorship so please do NOT apply if you require sponsorship. Thank You
KP Recruiting Group
"Bringing Talent to the Marketplace"
KP Recruiting Group is a well established and very respected recruiting firm. We have built a strong reputation as a premier resource for providing highly qualified candidates for our clients. We are very experienced in many industries and have a wide range of clients. We will serve as your advocate during your career search! Let us do the work for you! There is never a fee for our services!